Established Contributor

Re: Paid off CCs - Can't wait for Score Increase!

Thanks for your feedback and experience - it so good to hear what others have experienced. It seems like I'm entering that territory now - allowing time to heal.

All of my 4 active CCs have a $0 balance. I think 2 of them have a late or two on at least one of the CRAs (GWs removed many lates, but sometimes not from all CRAs) so I'm within 6 months of having all existing lates being at least 2 years old. I sent GWs like mad woman but on a few of my TLs (especially SL accounts), I had no luck so I will just have to let those age as well.

I have one LOC that still has a balance that I am simply paying down over time but in the next year I will have a 0% utilization (at about 48% now with the LOC).

You said that you see a 6-15 point increase each month on your various CRs - how old are your most recent baddies??

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
Jan 2012 Current Scores: FICO EQ 604 FICO EX ??? TU98 623
Feb 2012 Goal Scores: EQ 620 EX 620 TR 620 (or just the middle to be 620!!)

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.