Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off collections

tag
Deka
New Contributor

Paid off collections

Hello all new member here. I hav a number of questions that im hoping someone may answer.

1)  I paid off 3 medical collections, do I wait till the collection agency reports it or should I file a dispute stating that I have paid in full?

2)  Here at myfico I am offered EQ and TU scores, what about EX?

3)  Are the scores that I get from myFico say from TU be the same if I were to sign up at TU website?

4)  I currently have a EX membership should I ditch them and get my score from within myFico site?

Current EQ score is 578 myFico score is 582.

Thank you for taking the tim to answer these questions.

Starting Score: (myFICO pulled) TU 618, EQ 578
Current Score: (myFICO pulled) TU 654, EQ 642
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Paid off collections

@Deka wrote:

Hello all new member here. I hav a number of questions that im hoping someone may answer.

1)  I paid off 3 medical collections, do I wait till the collection agency reports it or should I file a dispute stating that I have paid in full?

2)  Here at myfico I am offered EQ and TU scores, what about EX?

3)  Are the scores that I get from myFico say from TU be the same if I were to sign up at TU website?

4)  I currently have a EX membership should I ditch them and get my score from within myFico site?

Current EQ score is 578 myFico score is 582.

Thank you for taking the tim to answer these questions.

1) How long ago did you pay them off in full?

2)Nobody has bought EX scores in quite sometime.  If you live in Pennsylvania, you may be able to join PESCU and get that score, from them (a mod will chime in any second to futher explain)

3)No, TU site "Sells" FAKO scores.  Buy your scores from here.  (Again, a mod will chime in with more shortly) (I want a macro)

4)Yes.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 9
Deka
New Contributor

1. I paid them off yesterday 3/12/12

thats for the info and a quick reply

Message 3 of 9
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Deka wrote:

1. I paid them off yesterday 3/12/12

thats for the info and a quick reply

Don't file a dispute just yet.  it will report shortly.

Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'll add to the medical CA. If you paid the CA, start sending GW letters to the CA. If you paid the doc, then either send GW letters to the CA or look into the HIPAA process.

Ditto elsewhere. EX blocked consumer access to your own FICO. The scores from Experian's website are FAKOs called PLUS scores. The scores from TransUnion.com are FAKOs called VantageScores. If you have a subscription to either sites, the report content is good. Just ignore all of the scores and their advice.

Message 5 of 9
Deka
New Contributor

Update:
I received a bill for the amount that I had paid yesterday. Today I get a message from SW telling me there's a new collection on my report. Here it's a medical bill that I had already paid off. I called the collection agency and told them about it. They said they would call all 3 CA's and have them removed. Told me I would have to wait 60 days. Feel like disputing it since I have paid it.

Message 6 of 9
esme
Regular Contributor

Regarding getting EX FICO scores from PESCU. Is it possible to become a member in order to take advantage of this if not a resident of PA?

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Message 7 of 9
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@esme wrote:

Regarding getting EX FICO scores from PESCU. Is it possible to become a member in order to take advantage of this if not a resident of PA?

I don't believe so.

Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Repo-ed wrote:

@esme wrote:

I don't believe so.

I tried too. I did two things to attempt that: 1) I joined the PA Chamber of Business and Industry. It said that if I belonged, then I could joing PSECU. That didn't work because they said I had to be a resident. And 2) I tried to add my company as an employer group. They were eager to get the ball rolling, but later learned that only my employees living in PA would be eligible to join (I'm in VA so no dice).

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.