Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off debt still reporting

tag
steve2062
Established Member

Paid off debt still reporting

i paid off an old collection account about 5 months ago after 2 months i disputed it on all of my reports, but it is still reporting i recived a letter from the company i paid and everything.  How do i get this letter to the reporting agencies?

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: (Walmart)618 EX 570 EQ 634
Goal Score: 700
Cap1 Quicksliver $1500, Cap1 Platinum $500, Express $150, Buckle $250, KingSize $250, Walmart $400, PayPal $300, Kay $500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Paid off debt still reporting

@steve2062 wrote:

i paid off an old collection account about 5 months ago after 2 months i disputed it on all of my reports, but it is still reporting i recived a letter from the company i paid and everything.  How do i get this letter to the reporting agencies?

Paid off doesn't mean it can't still report it just has to report a $0 balance...

Was this a PFD? 

If not now you have to start GW's 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
steve2062
Established Member

It is still showing a balance that is my big concern. It is first premier bank that has been paid off. Has anyone had any luck GW them?

Cap1 Quicksliver $1500, Cap1 Platinum $500, Express $150, Buckle $250, KingSize $250, Walmart $400, PayPal $300, Kay $500
Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@steve2062 wrote:

It is still showing a balance that is my big concern. It is first premier bank that has been paid off. Has anyone had any luck GW them?

Call first premier and ask nicely that they update to paid and if not dispute as a paid $0 balance via fax with supporting Doc's

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

An informal call could avoid a pending dispute flag in your CR, thus messing up your score until removed.

In an informal call, remind them of their obligation under FCRA 623(a)(2) to have promtply updated their reporting.  I would consider their next reporting cycle to be "prompt."

I would ask them to update in their next monthly reporting.

If they dont do so in their next cycle, then send them a formal direct dispute for falure to have complied with section 623(a)(2).

Message 5 of 6
steve2062
Established Member

Thanks everyone for your help I will be calling them as soon as they open tomorrow.  I will let everyone know how it goes.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.