New Visitor
rlthompson34

Paid off old debt...how long until it is reported?

How long does it typically take for creditors/collection agencies to report that an account that was past due or in collections is now paid? I know that it will continue to remain on my account as negative, but figured the $0 balance was better.

In addition, several of these items were due to a former roommate not paying the bill when I moved. I have disputed these with the credit agencies and stated that I would have paid if I was aware of the bill after moving. Hopefully they will be sympathetic since the balance is paid. I know that this will take 30-90 days.
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

Re: Paid off old debt...how long until it is reported?

You are correct unless deleted from CR they will remain approx.7 years from DOFD.  Paid only helps with a manual pull.

The CRAs (if that is where you sent a statment) will do nothing!!!   wait untill it is reported and then send GW letters asking for delete to whoever you paid.
Valued Contributor
slyhouse08

Re: Paid off old debt...how long until it is reported?

Creditors usually have their dates...they report...but some can put in the request...with 72 hours...they say 30 days...but I have been told several times...with CA's...that the request would be put in...and after a week....they were updated...

Do you plan on sending GW letters???...a CA old me they DO NOT do PFD...but as soon as they updated the account PAID...with the CRA...I sent them a GW letter...a few days letter...I got a letter...saying they would delete...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+