Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid tax lien reporting advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid tax lien reporting advice

Hi, I'm just hoping for a few words of sound advice.

I have a paid tax lien that EQ & EX refused to investigate in May, I contacted the state for help and they sent me the following letter: I'm not sure that I want to send this  because I don't think that it helps me at all, I just don't like the wording and think that they will use this to extend my torment.

Dear Mr & Mrs "Love"

Please be advised that this correspondence is intended to outline the course of events surrounding the above listed lien.

• A lien was filed against you for $1491.64 on Oct. 9, 2001.
  • During march 2002, a payment was received for partial liability of $500 for tax year Dec. 2005.
  • During April 2002, a payment was received again for partial liability of $1025.48.
  • Payment for $22.00, a portion of the lien recording fees was received from a Federal offset payment, on March 2, 2006 and after a 60 day hold, the lien release was issued on May 3, 2006 and recorded on May 9, 2006. At that time, there was still a $2 balance due that was paid through an offset on March 29, 2007.                  (This entire thing bothers me because I never knew a release fee was needed, I thought this was all resolved in 2002 and by my calculations didn't I already pay for this in 2002 if the lien was $1491 and I paid 1525.48? Then, they only took $22 instead of $24, it's just frustrating and stupid that they kept dragging this out.)

Reporting:

• EQ lists it as: (refused to investigate in May 2011)

Date filed: 10/2001
Amount: $1491
Date reported: N/A
Lien status: (Blank)
Date released: 05/2006
Date verified: 07/2010

• EX lists it as: (refused to investigate in May 2011)

Date filed: 10/9/2001
Claim Amount: $1491
Status details: This lien was verified on Nov 2005 and remained unchanged.
Date resolved: N/A
Liability amount: N/A

I would love some ideas on how to tackle this, should I send the letter anyway so at least Experian will show that it's paid instead of "lien filed"?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.