Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid up car loan not being reported

tag
Petalflower

Paid up car loan not being reported

Hi,

I'm about 4 years post bankruptcy, and my credit score is approaching the "good" range (702 by one estimate).  There's one big problem:  At the time of my bankruptcy, I had a car loan, and I kept on making payments all through the process.  It's now within a year of being paid off, and has never been late in over 5 years.  Unfortunately, it hasn't been reported that way; it still shows as delinquent since 10/09 (the date of my bankruptcy filing).  My credit record has been perfect since the bankruptcy, but my AAoA is only about 3 years.  Having the paid up car loan would improve that significantly, and add some variety to my accounts.  

Also, I've got my utilization down to something respectable (under 30%), which is apparently helping my score.  However, it appears as though "all of a sudden", the line of credit for my business ($3500, with only about $200 actually used) has "disappeared" from my credit report, thus making my utilization higher than it should be.

The culprit in both these cases is Capital One.  I have three credit cards with them, personal line of credit for $750, former Orchard Bank line of credit fro $500, and business line of credit for $3500.  I could threaten to close the accounts if they don't start reporting my accounts truthfully, (that's worked in the past getting fees reversed), but they might figure out that I'm reluctant to close $4750 of available credit.  

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paid up car loan not being reported

Can you clarify... was the account brought back into good-standing, and your are thus currently not delinquent, or are your current payments reducing the amount that you continue to be in arrears?

Are they actually reporting a current delinquency status, or is the prror delinquency simply  still showing in your CR?

Message 2 of 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Paid up car loan not being reported

I have been told by my own auto loan company that they stopped reporting once bankruptcy and will not report going forward even if payments continue to be made on time. From my research, it seems a common practice. Mine is current but they just will not report any payments. They installed a gps unit in my car and will simply move to repossess it if I defaulted.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.