Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid utility ruined by score.....

tag
Evil1980
Valued Member

Paid utility ruined by score.....

So confusing. Trying to improve my scores on the house I am purchasing in less than 2 months. I had a utility bill that got paid off in full after they would not accept a PFD letter. It less a bill for less than $300 that falls off in 6 months. All three of my scores were between 660-680. It was a joint account that fell off all 3 of my wife CR's. However it showed as paid in full. Closed. And 120days late. All with activity of March of this year. I tried to get the CRA's to remove the items and they all came back as vaild and paid. How do I get this item off all of my reports? Please help I close in 45-60 days.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid utility ruined by score.....

A couple of things to try:  You can call the CRAs and ask for an EE (early exclusion).  I think TU will do 6 months early and the other two will usually only do 3 months (EX) and I believe maybe 1 month at EQ but it never hurts to try.  You can also see if you can get ahold of someone at the utility company to request a Goodwill deletion.  

Message 2 of 4
Evil1980
Valued Member

Tried for the Goodwill deletion and waiting. But i will contact the other CRA's.Smiley Wink:smileywink:

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to post this same scenario early.  I had PSNC on my report waiting to be sent to collections.  I wrote BBB and CFPB and challenged it I even emailed the CEO.  After doing all that the CEO email me back and said they were looking into it.  One of his representatives called me Wednesday and said if it is paid in full we will remove it from your credit file.  I verbally agreed.  I paid in full on thursday then I called PSNC and got connected to their credit department.  The young lady seen the notes on my account and told me that they usually send in updates to equifax on friday but give it a week.  This morning, I woke up to an alert, thinking to myself hell yea this must be it.  Logged in just to see that it was paid, close and 53 points drop.  I instantly called PSNC with attitude I must admit.  The lady on the phone I explained everything to and her robotic response were Mr ****** we don't delete but mark the account as paid and close.  Finally, I said Sweetheart, look at the notes on my account do you not see one ot the head of the company that I have spoken to(as if I was a big name or something lol) she said hold on sir let me get you to the credit department.  No problem I've be here waiting.  She comes back five mins later and let me know that management is sending in the request electronically to be deleted.  Now, I'll check all this week to see if it comes off.  So, my advice would be to talk to one of the higher ups and explain your story.  Its no such thing as "we can only show it as close and paid"  They have the power to have it deleted.  if you want contact the BBB and complain that would usually get the ball rolling and deleted.  hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.