cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palisades - ATT account - your opinion needed.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Palisades - ATT account - your opinion needed.

I'd like your input prior to proceeding with Palisades since I've heard nothing but bad things about this collection agency.

I have a collection account with them for 501.00 shown open on Oct 05 and date of status is Dec 08 showing up on reports from all 3 CAs.  I've sent the DV letter and they sent me a copy of the bill so i'm pretty sure it's valid.  What are my options at this point since I heard that Palisades does not respond well to PFD letters?  Thank you for your input.

Collection account. $501 past due as of Mar 2009.    
Date Opened:
10/2005 Date of Status:
12/2008 Reported Since:
12/2008 Last Reported Date:
03/2009

Message 1 of 42
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: Palisades - ATT account - your opinion needed.

You are welcome. They will not accept anything less than the full payment. Especialy with your situation.
Message 4 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

I had an overdue balance with ATT for $400. I DVed the CA and the listing came off of my reports. I then paid the OC (ATT) immediately and also had my service restored. No problems there.

In your case, the CA has 'validated' your DV properly according to you. Hence you could perhaps call ATT and check and see if they will accept the payment and pull back/inform the CA about the account being paid. You could then DV the CA again and then dispute the CA a/c with the CRAs. 

Message 2 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think ATT would take a settlement or they will only accept full payment?  Thanks for your help NOTHINGMAN02
Message 3 of 42
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

You are welcome. They will not accept anything less than the full payment. Especialy with your situation.
Message 4 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a Palisades account from an old ATT phone bill, I called them about a year ago (before I knew about Myfico) and they let me settel for 50% of the balance.You might be able to send a settelment offer letter for a delete.I'm trying to GW them now to delete. Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

PALISADES COLLECTION LLC

Address:
 210 SYLVAN AVE
  ENGLEWOOD, NJ 07632
 No phone number available
Account Number:
PAL1ATT503280....  Original Creditor:
AT T WIRELESS  
Paid in settlement.
Status Details:
This account is scheduled to continue on record until Sep 2009.
This item was verified and updated on Apr 2008.

Date Opened:
03/2005

Date of Status:
04/2008 Reported Since:
04/2008 Last Reported Date:
04/2008
Type:
Installment Terms:
1 Months  Monthly Payment:
$0 Responsibility:
Individual 
Credit Limit:
$433 High Balance:
N/A  Recent Balance:
N/A Recent Payment:
N/A  
Creditor's Statement:

Account legally paid in full for less than full balance.  
Account History:

Collection as of Apr 2008
Message 5 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only way to know for sure if they'll accept a settlement or not is to offer one. Try negotiating with them.

Just because they haven't accepted PFD's before doesn't mean they won't.

Economy is getting tight.

Message 6 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I need some help with palisades as well.  I stupidly paid them on 12/3/2008 since they called and were such a-holes.  I didn't know anything about an ATT account so I paid it to get rid of it....or so I thought.  Anyways, long story short, they reported it closed/paid as of about 1/20/09, but then in February reported it 120 days past due as an Open Account on Equifax!  TU shows it as a collection account that is paid (which I believe is the correct way to report it).  My question is what can I do?  I'm desperate at this point to get that one baddie off!

Oh, and a side note.  When I saw the alert come up on myfico I called ATT and they cannot find anything of the sort with the account number Palisades gave me.  Palisades says it the OC account number....ATT says it's not even the correct amount of digits to be one of thier accounts.Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you DV'd them? If not, I would do so now, send it CMRRR. Keep it short and simple.

Check the Freq Requested Threads link below for a link to a simple DV.

Message 8 of 42
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

FYI, I was told right here on this forum that the Federal SOL for Cell phones is 2 yrs fromDOLA.  I inquired myself last year because DH had a ATT wireless account that went to Palisades.  We ended up paying the bill even though it was way past federal sol, but, ONLY because DH applied to be a police officer(it was a long and drawn out process, but he was recently offered a job with our local police department, by the way)and when they ran his credit he was told to pay it asap, so he did.  Just wanted to give you a heads up..you might want to look into it.
Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 9 of 42
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Ficocrazy,

The account number from your CA is not going to be of any use when dealing with the OC. The CAs mask, change account numbers for 'consumer safety' and other reasons. But it also helps them duplicate accounts for one.

Please get a hard copy of your TU and EQ. Then as mentioned, DV the CA. If you have PIF, do you have a copy of payment? Do you have a copy of the report from 1/20/09? They would help.

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.