Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palisades Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Palisades Collection

I have two debts that Palisades holds.  On each debt they make it appear as if the debt is from 2007 when it is acutally from 2002 and 2003.  Is there anything I can do about this.  According to Experian they are to come off in 2009 but I have no date for the Transuinon or Equifax. 

I have all ready disputed several items on my report this week with each company.  I have been told it is not a good idea to do more then 4 or so on each dispute because the CRAs believe that you are then trying to be misleading. 

I also have several reports that are due to fall off in 2009.  Is it best to let them fall off on thier own or is it ok to dispute them with the OC. 

The next question I have seen several posts about HIPPA, I have several medical bills that are listed in collection.  I don't recieve anything in the mail in reagrads to them or any phone calls.  So what is my best option on theses.  The most current are from 2006.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

Re: Palisades Collection

For the medical collections, follow the HIPAA thread at the top of this board. You have to be able to PIF.
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do not want to dispute any baddies unless they are not yours or you have a chance to have them deleted for a good reason. Every time that you dispute them and they come back verified....the CRAs update them and FICO will read them as new.

I have two debts that Palisades holds.  On each debt they make it appear as if the debt is from 2007 when it is acutally from 2002 and 2003.  Is there anything I can do about this.  According to Experian they are to come off in 2009 but I have no date for the Transuinon or Equifax. 

Know your SOL before doing anything!!!!!

If past SOL.....send the CA a DV   CMRRR ( not past SOL   be sure to have the full payment ready as they might file a lawsuit)

I think the date reported by the CA from 2007 is the date that they,Palisades was assigned or bought the account. It would then be the correct date.

If you DV  them do so on both accounts but use separate paper for each!! same envelope

I also have several reports that are due to fall off in 2009.  Is it best to let them fall off on thier own or is it ok to dispute them with the OC. 

Never dispute accurate info. f this is to fall in 2009 keep in mind that the month counts. I would leave them & let them drop unless you can get a PFD.

The next question I have seen several posts about HIPPA, I have several medical bills that are listed in collection.  I don't recieve anything in the mail in reagrads to them or any phone calls.  So what is my best option on theses.  The most current are from 2006.

The year doesn't matter. In order to get them deleted you they must be paid!

If unpaid  you can pay the OC (not the CA) and then start the HIPAA process  OR  you can start the process & PIF with the HIPAA letter to the OC.

HIPAA has it's own rules and process. Each stept must be followed!!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I have disputed was double posted accounts.  You know where the OC and the CA have the same account posted. 

I have disputed a few OC for the alleged amount owed.  Can they tact on a  thousand or so dollars.  I have noticed this most with the CA.  Or is it the last amount that you left oweing on the account when it went past due.

Well after more reading I am understanding that those older accounts don't affect me as much as the newer ones.  Am I understanding that correctly?  My biggest damage appears to be the newest medical bills.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.