Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palisades Collections- Complaint filed with Texas AG and BBB

tag
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Palisades Collections- Complaint filed with Texas AG and BBB

Ok so I decided to finally stop sitting back whining about this dang judgement and do something about it. I filed complaints with both agencies listed above. At this point I have nothing to lose. I feel as though they did me dirty ( I was never served ) and I have the chance to do something about it. Will keep you posted.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Re: Palisades Collections- Complaint filed with Texas AG and BBB

I sent a letter certified to the attorney regarding this debt and to the collection company who they were hired by. I have not received any correspondence back. It has been over 60 days now. What other measures do I have? They will not respond to anything including how I can pay them. Please advise.

This debt was originally with Best Buy.

Message 2 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Palisades is a very bad CA.  I would wait and see what happens with the BBB and the AG.

Message 3 of 7
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Should I follow up with the BBB or AG office?

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would not jump the gun,and start firing off letters, unless they clearly show documented legal violations

You apparently have a judgment.  How that came to be is a matter of the judicial proceeding that brought it to be.

The legal process in any court requries that the bringing of civil litgation against you requries compliance with rules of the court for proprer service of notiification on you, usually done by the counsel of plaintiff, and certified witht the court as having been served on the defendant.

That includes initial legal service of notice of the propsed action against you, thus affording you your contitutional right of defense.

If it went to court, somwhow the legal record shows certification of notice upon you.

If you assert non-service of notice to you, and thus no knowledge of the legal proceeding that took place, you need to know the laws of the jurisdiction in which the legal action was tried as to any violation of their legal notice of service.

I doubt that is anything that any state AG would be concerned with, and is certainly far and above any jurisdiction of a BBB.

I would first go back to the clerk of court that issued the judgment, and request documents that show proper legal service of notice of legal proceeding against you.

Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

I would not jump the gun,and start firing off letters, unless they clearly show documented legal violations

You apparently have a judgment.  How that came to be is a matter of the judicial proceeding that brought it to be.

The legal process in any court requries that the bringing of civil litgation against you requries compliance with rules of the court for proprer service of notiification on you, usually done by the counsel of plaintiff, and certified witht the court as having been served on the defendant.

That includes initial legal service of notice of the propsed action against you, thus affording you your contitutional right of defense.

If it went to court, somwhow the legal record shows certification of notice upon you.

If you assert non-service of notice to you, and thus no knowledge of the legal proceeding that took place, you need to know the laws of the jurisdiction in which the legal action was tried as to any violation of their legal notice of service.

I doubt that is anything that any state AG would be concerned with, and is certainly far and above any jurisdiction of a BBB.

I would first go back to the clerk of court that issued the judgment, and request documents that show proper legal service of notice of legal proceeding against you.

And you know darn well that is not always the case.  Palisades is a horrible CA and known for underhanded tactics.

I would still notify the AG and the BBB.  That is what they are there for.  Complaints.

Message 6 of 7
NikJ4
Established Contributor

ok, so life finally has slowed down. I called the county court where this judgement was listed. The guy on the phone told me they did not have actual proof that I was served but I would have to prove that I was not served properly and I would need to write a letter to the court. He also said he didnt think it would do much good. I am like are you kidding me? I am going to write a letter tomorrow and send certified. This is ridiculous.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.