Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palisades Frustration

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Palisades Frustration

I need some advise on what to do next with Pailsades.  I have DV'd Palisades twice already for an account they say I owe $560.   I initially disputed this with them in September of 2010, only to receive copies of statements but nothing that validated the amount of $560 nor account I had with the original creditor (Washington Mutual).  I once again asked for validation of the amount and account and they responded 2 months later but this time they only sent me a letter stating who the Original Creditor was and the amount due with two monthly statements included one for the amount of $346 and another in the amount of $411, again no proof or contract that this account is mine.  I want them to delete this account from their records and from my credit report as they have failed to prove that this account is legit and mine.  I have done everything on my part to try and resolve this dispute to no avail.  I'm stuck as to what I can do next.  Any advise will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Palisades Frustration

They have given you what is required for a DV response.

If you don't believe the account is yours, do a direct dispute with the OC per FCRA 623.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

One other thing, when they report to the CRA's they only report a $2 balance, I did ask for an investigation from Chase who took over Washington Mutual but never received anything back other than the green CMRR.  I have again resent palisades another strongly worded DV in hopes of making this go away.  The validation they send is not proof that the account is mine and if the OC does not investigate then no proof exist.   

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

A DV does not require them to prove the account is yours.  All they are required to tell you is the amount you owe and if asked, the OC and their address.  If there is a judgment they have to send you copies. 

Did you do a direct dispute with Chase per FCRA 623?  They have to respond within 30 days.

You can always file complaints with the FTC, BBB and your states AG office. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.