Did you mean: 

Palisades Recovery Help Needed

tag
reno55
Regular Contributor

Palisades Recovery Help Needed

Got this letter from Palisades:

From Mitchell N Kay

Please be advised that your account as referenced above is being handled by this office.

Request is hereby made for the payment of the balance.

Unless you dispute the validity of this debt, or any portion thereof, within 30 days of recepit of this letter we will assume the debt is valid.

If you notify us in writing within the thiry day period that the debt or any portion thereof is disputed, we will obtain verification of the debt and mail you a copy.

If you request in writing within the thirty day period, we will provide you with the name and address of the original creditor if different from the original creditor.

Now almost the same thing as my last post.....do I send these clowns a DV? Does this mean Palisades sold it? It is defnitley out of SOL based on the TL reporting removal in 2009. Do I send Palisades a 2nd DV demanding full validation 15 days?

How do you handle it when you get a "law firm" letter in response to a DV?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Palisades Recovery Help Needed

Who is the OC???...I would send them a DV...
Message 2 of 11
reno55
Regular Contributor

ATT Wireless the funny thing is the amount owed is $78. I dont even know where to get the OC address from. Maybe DV for full validation then if I get OC name and address call them and ask to pay it?

Message Edited by reno55 on 05-27-2008 04:02 PM
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is this letter from??...was the account sold to one CA...then sold from one to another...you need to DV..to see who owns the account..or call AT&T...and try to pay them...in exchange for pulling out of collections...if they no longer own it..they should be able to tell you who does...whoever owns it...DV them....Full Media Validation Letter...if they verify...try to PFD...
Message 4 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So...the account was sold from AT&T to Mitchell N. Kay..and sold from Mitchell in Kay to Palisades...when you sent Palisades the first DV...is this what they sent you???...if so...send them the second DV letter...
Message 6 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Actually, it looks like it was sold to Palisades and they are using the attorney Mitchell N. Kay to collect.

I would DV both of them.
Message 7 of 11
reno55
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:
Actually, it looks like it was sold to Palisades and they are using the attorney Mitchell N. Kay to collect.
I would DV both of them.

That is exactly the case.....I am going to request full media validation from both of them
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had 2 accounts from Palisades listed on my CR...they try to play hard ball but once I sent the full media DV request (I actually sent it via fax to 2 locations) without hearing another word from them they deleted. I alway put in my DV that my intention is to sue if they don't remove it from my CR within 5 business days....they has worked for me tremendously..i got 7 collection account DELETED my using that and the full media DV.
Message 9 of 11
reno55
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I also had 2 accounts from Palisades listed on my CR...they try to play hard ball but once I sent the full media DV request (I actually sent it via fax to 2 locations) without hearing another word from them they deleted. I alway put in my DV that my intention is to sue if they don't remove it from my CR within 5 business days....they has worked for me tremendously..i got 7 collection account DELETED my using that and the full media DV.

Thanks for the reply ...could you give me an example of how you worded your Dv with the intent to sue within 5 days if it is not removed. I just want to get some ideas before i write mine.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.