Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parasite Collection Company's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Parasite Collection Company's

Im slightly annoyed with this.  So I disputed a collection that I had with time warner cable company. They has sold it to a collections company. When I disputed it I won and it fell off.  So what do they do? They sell it to ANOTHER collections company and put it right back on my credit. I literrally had no collections whatsoever. And I am pissed. Just like a dam parasit. They when one host dies they just hop on the next and try to suck the life out of you with that one.... sigh....

10 REPLIES 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Parasite Collection Company's

If the CRA deleted the prior reporting based on lack of verification of accuracy communicated in a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation (as opposed to the debt collector simply doing a voluntary deletion), then the FCRA requires that the specific reinsertion procedure set forth in FCRA 611(a)(5)(B) must be follwed before it can be reinserted.

In a nutshell, the reinsertion provision applies to atttempts to reinsert information deleted as a finding in a prior dispute, and requires that the party requesting reinsertion must include a Certification of Accuracy of the information.  That applies to ANY party attempting reinsertion, and not simply the orginal party.

If the CRA accepts the Certification of Accuracy, they can then reinsert, but must send written notice to the consumer of the reinsertion no later than 5 business days after they have reinserted.

Was the collection clearly deleted by a finding in the prior dispute, and if so, did the CRA provide you written notice of the reinsertion within 5 business days thereafter?

If the reinsertion process was not followed, then the reinsertion was a violation of the FCRA.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the collection was deleted due to lack of info.  And I never received any notification ever about a reinsertion.

@RobertEG wrote:

If the CRA deleted the prior reporting based on lack of verification of accuracy communicated in a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation (as opposed to the debt collector simply doing a voluntary deletion), then the FCRA requires that the specific reinsertion procedure set forth in FCRA 611(a)(5)(B) must be follwed before it can be reinserted.

In a nutshell, the reinsertion provision applies to atttempts to reinsert information deleted as a finding in a prior dispute, and requires that the party requesting reinsertion must include a Certification of Accuracy of the information.  That applies to ANY party attempting reinsertion, and not simply the orginal party.

If the CRA accepts the Certification of Accuracy, they can then reinsert, but must send written notice to the consumer of the reinsertion no later than 5 business days after they have reinserted.

Was the collection clearly deleted by a finding in the prior dispute, and if so, did the CRA provide you written notice of the reinsertion within 5 business days thereafter?

If the reinsertion process was not followed, then the reinsertion was a violation of the FCRA.

Message 3 of 11
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Are you sure they didn't voluntarily delete it because they were in the process of selling it?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I'm not sure. How do I get that Information?

Message 5 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Contact the CRA and inquire as to why you did not receive written notice from them of their reinsertion, as required under FCRA 611(a)(5)(B).

The CRA will have record of any prior dispute, and the contents of their Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, which will define whether they deleted.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thank you so much!! I truly appreciate the advice. I'm going to write a letter to all three cra's

Message 7 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If a new CA is seeking payment, you should receive a dunning notice.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey shogun! what's a running notice?

Message 9 of 11
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

A dunning notice is basically a bill from the collection agency.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.