cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part II to my "out of the blue" CA predicament.....

tag
TeeGee
Contributor

Part II to my "out of the blue" CA predicament.....

I am sending a dv letter tomorrow to the CA.  In the meantime, I have been receiving up to 8 calls daily ranging from 10am to 11 pm.  It is getting so out of control.  Is there anything I can do to stop these calls?

Currently my tax professional who is also a financial planner is helping me with this - he wants copies of the hospital bills where it indicated I owed an additional amount.  I hope he can help but I'm afraid I am just stuck with this.  They can't sue me but they have ruined my credit and I do want a way to stop the phone calls.  According to the DOFD it will time out in 2015 to early 2016.  

If I pay what they want (the interest is more than the original bill) I have no money for a down payment on a condo and there is no guarantee they will delete the "badie" even if they say they will in a PFD letter - maybe I could hold the money in an escrow with the terms that once the badie is removed, they get paid?  I'm grasping at straws here trying to find an answer.  This is all I think about, daily.

This whole situation has taken the one thing in life I was looking forward to.  Being disabled and deformed definitely sucks but having my own little place in the world where I could be on a ground floor (so much easier on my back) to carry groceries, etc. was the ONLY thing I was looking forward to in life.  Now that is looking so dismal I feel so depressed I don't even want to get out of bed - it feels like what's the point - I'm stuck in this apartment for another 2 years,

Does anyone know if a mortgage company would insist a new CA on a report be paid?  I am going to call a stranger (mortgage broker) tomorrow and ask that general question but I wonder if anyone here had any experience with a brand new CA on their report when they were trying to get a mortgage loan.

Thanks, all.  I sound like I'm whining.  I've worked SO HARD and was so excited for the future and to get slammed by these people at the last minute is depressing beyond words and I'm just angry - sorry for venting, others have it much harder than me so I guess I should remember that but it's hard.

Amex $6K BankofAmer $2K CapPlatinum $2.5K Macys $1K Chase RR $16K CapQS $2.5K Discover $8.5K IN THE GARDEN til 6/1/2015
Beginning FICO 630 ish EQ 732/EXP 735/TU 753 (Aug) Goal 800
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Part II to my "out of the blue" CA predicament.....

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.