Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Success with Portfolio Recovery PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: lRe: Partial Success with Portfolio Recovery PFD

@Travis-84 wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, can I have the email address you used.

Also how much did you owe on the collection, and how old was it? 

Did you PFD at 100%, or a smaller amount.

I am going to attempt PFD with portfolio recovery in about a month or two, so I would like to know what to expect.

Thanks.

Hey Travis, shoot me a PM and I'll send over the contact info.  To answer your questions though, the amount was just over $600 and it is roughly 3 years old.  I PFD'ed at 100%.  I never sent them an offer for less that what was owed but you can try if you like but I believe it's sort of an insult when the debt is really yours and you want to give them less then what is owed, just my opinion that's all.  Best of luck to you, you just have to be persistent with these guys.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

Full payment has been posted to my account with Portfolio.  I received an email stating they would be requesting the tradeline be removed from all 3 credit burueas, as well as sending me a copy of the proof letter and a deletion request, so far, so good.

This account was first opened in September of 2007 and has been reporting every month.  Just out of curiosity, or the fact that I'm excited to see this thing removed from my credit reports, what kind of an impact score wise do you think this tradeline removal will have on my credit scores?  (10, 20, 30 points? etc...)

As of today, my scores are:

744 TU

656 EX

669 EQ

Reason for the huge score difference is, I was able to have a couple of CO's removed from my TU report, but not the others and both EX and EQ are reporting a few more lates then TU, something I am working on now.

Message 12 of 16
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:

744 TU

656 EX

669 EQ

zyal....where did you get those scores?  We consumers have not been able to purchase our Experian FICO scores since Feb 09.  If you got them from a loan officer....that's cool, if not, they're likely FAKO scores & are meaningless.

Congrats on the deletion!!  It's hard to say how much you'll go up.  Depends on whether this was your only collection, only baddie, or what.  All you can do is wait & see.

And lastly, what the other posters did is not considered hijacking.  This is par for this forum.  We all help each other out.  Not all newcomers are familiar with using PM's yet and it's good karma to pass along any helpful information that we can.  I even make a game of trying to find email addys for the bigshot execs, whether it's an email I need or not.  Don't take their questions and requests as butting in on your territory, think of it as paying it forward.

What comes around, goes around.....tenfold.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:

744 TU

656 EX

669 EQ

zyal....where did you get those scores?  We consumers have not been able to purchase our Experian FICO scores since Feb 09.  If you got them from a loan officer....that's cool, if not, they're likely FAKO scores & are meaningless.

Congrats on the deletion!!  It's hard to say how much you'll go up.  Depends on whether this was your only collection, only baddie, or what.  All you can do is wait & see.

And lastly, what the other posters did is not considered hijacking.  This is par for this forum.  We all help each other out.  Not all newcomers are familiar with using PM's yet and it's good karma to pass along any helpful information that we can.  I even make a game of trying to find email addys for the bigshot execs, whether it's an email I need or not.  Don't take their questions and requests as butting in on your territory, think of it as paying it forward.

What comes around, goes around.....tenfold.

All scores were pulled by someone I know who works at a bank.  I did make mention in my post for everyone and anyone to PM me for contact information, I too, believe in paying it forward as well, if it wasn't for someone else, I wouldn't had the success I'm about to post.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

As of today, the Portfolio Account has been completely removed!!!  So far, only Transunion has removed the account so I'm waiting on the others.  Thanks to everyone who supplied me with information and tips to have the account completely removed, PFD'ing does work! 

This leaves me with only 1 baddie on my TU report, the OC associated with this CA, HSBC.

I have successfully raised my credit score almost 200 points in just over 2 years, goes to show that research, networking, hard work and patience really does pay off.  Thanks again myfico, I could not have had this success without you.

Message 15 of 16
kathol39
Established Member

HI, would you please send me the email also. I am ready to give it a try...Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png

Good luck to all of our myFICO Fitness Challengers!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.