Did you mean: 

Past due balance is wrong

tag
tea4two
Valued Member

Past due balance is wrong

The simulator on my TU credit report says this:

Pay Down Delinquent Balances First

See how your FICO® score might change if you first pay down balances on accounts that are currently past due.

According to your Credit File you have a total balance of$140,587.00 on accounts that are currently delinquent.

On the "Understanding Your Credit Report" page of the credit report, it also says this:

You have balances on accounts that are past due.

Total balances on all of your accounts that are past due$140587

Virtually no FICO High Achievers [?] have any amounts past due.

The amount you owe on your past-due accounts is too high. Late payments are a very powerful predictor of future payment risk and the higher the balances on past-due accounts, the greater the risk.

What to do about this: You should try to get caught up on these past-due amounts and continue to pay your bills on time.

That number of $140,587 is the total balance on my mortgage which is currently reporting "paid as agreed" and it shows "paid as agreed on that report."  I was on a repayment plan with the mortgage, but that has been completed.

Although reporting current, it still shows the comment "paying under partial payment agreement." Could this be why? I'm not sure why they would show the entire balance though. My Equifax report also still shows the "paying under partial payment agreement" comment, but has $0 on the simulator dunder past due.

Is this a Myfico issue or an Transunion issue? Could that comment alone be affecting both my TU and EQ scores even though it's reported "paid as agreed?" 

Both reports were pulled from Myfico  after they started reporting "paid as agreed."

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Past due balance is wrong

No idea,, will tell you that the simulator is practically worthless.   All of the simulators are practically worthless.   Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
tea4two
Valued Member

Re: Past due balance is wrong

Thanks for your reply. I feel the same about the simulator. I guess I'm more concerned as to whether this comment alone could affect my credit score. I know it could affect any potential loans etc., but could it affect the actual score?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.