cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay $49 collection to florida hospital with Assigned date of 2007?

tag
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Pay $49 collection to florida hospital with Assigned date of 2007?

Hello all, 

I recently pulled my EQ FICO via myfico's program and there are several bad things on my report I am trying to fix, but only 2 under the collection tab. One is to a local college that I will attempt to resolve in February. The other is a $49 collection from a hospital with an assigned date of 2007. Will paying this help me at all or what? I have received no contact from any CA about this $49. Thanks.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pay $49 collection to florida hospital with Assigned date of 2007?

If you were to just pay it, it will still be posted to your account as a collection, only it will be marked paid.  This is still a major derogatory and will still affect your score in a negative matter.  What I would suggest is you attempt to do a PFD, Pay For Deletion.  This way they will get their money and you will get the negative removed from your CR.  Here's a link below that will give you some more information on it.  Good Luck.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/What-Steps-Do-I-Take-Do-I-DV-PFD/td-p/337142

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@sphinx313 wrote:

Hello all, 

I recently pulled my EQ FICO via myfico's program and there are several bad things on my report I am trying to fix, but only 2 under the collection tab. One is to a local college that I will attempt to resolve in February. The other is a $49 collection from a hospital with an assigned date of 2007. Will paying this help me at all or what? I have received no contact from any CA about this $49. Thanks.

Well;

I would personally suggest contacting the hopsital first and see if you can settle it with them. You always want to work the OC if you possibly can.

The intent would be: pay the 49 dollars in exchange for the hospital contacting the CA and having them remove the account from your credit report. The CA will recieve their contracted commission regardless of who you pay. If the hospital accepts payment, you might be able to leaverage them against the CA; since the CA will want to keep the OC happy since that is THEIR client.

Keep in mind, there is nothing in any statute that requires this deletion of the CA if you pay the OC; it is just a tactic you can use, I have used it positively on 2 medicals.

If you contact the OC, and they don't agree to this or cannot accept payment, I would follow Shoguns advice; but I would try to work with the OC before moving on to the CA personally, but YMMV

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 5
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Excellent, on my next day off I will contact the OC and see what I can get done. Thank you very much! If you guys have the time, please review my other post which showcases all of my credit shortcomings. I have witnessed your advice in other threads and would entertain all of your direction!

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Just got through with posting on one of your other threads. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.