Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay For Delete Question

tag
DSW89
New Contributor

Pay For Delete Question

Hello, I have a question and it might be a silly one! Are PFD's only for accounts that are in collection? I have a jewelry account that is closed that I am paying on it is still with the OC. a year ago it was 120 days late but since then has been on time every month. I would like to PIF the reast of the account but I was wondering if I should do a PFD and offer to PIF... I'm not sure if this is how PFD's work or not so any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks so much Smiley Happy

NavChek~ 13K.... nRewards MC~ 12K... CashRewards Visa sig~ 12k... NFCU Platinum Visa~ 10K... USAA Cash Rewards~ $2000... Chase Freedom~ $1500... Discover It~ $1500... Belk~ $1200.... Children's place ~$850... Walmart Store Card~ $1350... Amazon Store Card~ $1150...Victoria's Secret~ $500 Macy's~ $800

EQ~ 642
EX Fico~ 680
TU~ 686
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Re: Pay For Delete Question

You can PFD an account when it is charged off or closed, what you may be looking for if I'm not mistaken is Goodwill or "GW". You can request a GW to remove the lates, or if the account is closed, offer to PIF in exchange for the removal of the lates, or the entire TL if it won't hurt your AAoA.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Sure you can ask for a PFD from the OC.   That's one of the bread and butters of a PFD.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A PFD is a private contract offer.  Most anything is game unless the offer contains provisions that are in violation of some statute.

There is no statutory prohibition against deletion based on payment of the debt.  The furnisher can always assert that they cannot accept a PFD based on their seperate reporting contract with the CRAs, but that is their internal issue.  Nothing improper with a consumer requesting deletion.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.