Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay For Delete Question

tag
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Pay For Delete Question

Im helping my dad fix up his credit and Im planning on sending a PFD to a collection agency for a collection from HSBC.  Quick quesition, if they agree to delete this will it only delete the collection or will it also delete the original account as well that is marked as "charged off/sold to collector" 

Im hoping it will delete both but if not how do i get the original chargoff off if the CA agrees to delete their entry?

Its an HSBC Collection of around $500 for a charged off credit card.  Was sold to BRIGHTWATER CAPITAL about a year ago.  I assume the CA still have rigghts to the debt since they are actively trying to collect.  So should I send a DV first to HSBC or the CA?  Ive never done a PFD so wasnt sure, I only have experience with Goodwill's and they have worked out pretty well for me but always on old paid collections.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: Pay For Delete Question

Any thoughts?

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pay For Delete Question

A PFD only goes to whomever is reporting the balance. In this case it's the CA that owns the debt and reports the balance and an accepted PFD would only resul tin the CA being removed. The CA cannot tell the OC to delete too. If I had that I would start  sending GWs to the OC. In their eyes the debt was already paid when they sold it to the CA.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.