Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay For Delete Success!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay For Delete Success!!!!

I just started checking credit also. I have a lot of unpaid medical bills and some I have no idea where they came from. Some where from (during my pregnancy) when my step father had my birthday wrong on the insurance, therefore when I presented my license at the hospital, I automatically got billed a few days later because the birthdays didn't match and they are about $10,000. Am I asked to negotiate a smaller amount? They are different accounts but to the same company. Other medical bills are like $500 on other accounts.
Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not exactly sure about that.  I know for medical debts they are willing to settle for alot less.  My girlfriend has a collection from a hosptial and even before it went to collections the hospital offered a settlement of more than 50% off.  Not sure if this helps.  Hopefully someone else will have more input.

Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Everyone,

I have received a response from my second PFD letter. The debt collector was Credit Collection Services

"Please be advised, your account has been closed by this office and returned to your creditor.

We have instructed the credit bureau(s) to delete the account.  Should you wish to confirm the deletion, we recommend checking back with the bureaus in approximately thirty (30) days.  Please note that this reponse is limited to the account number referenced above.

Thank You for your cooperation."

Thankfully that is another bad debt that will be removed off of my credit report.  I'm hoping for another 20pt boost to my credit score in which the last deletion gave me. 

Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a bit of advice. They stated they are returning debt to the original creditor. Do yourself a favor, and contact OC immediately and negotiate a settlement. Otherwise, they send it to another CA and the process starts over.
Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the tip. I figured that much as well. Will be calling them tomorrow. Don't need another negative mark on my credit.
Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and when you get a letter for the same account from a new CA, just send them a DV.
Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called Progressive Auto Insurance to settle the debt before it goes to another Collection Agency.  I spoke with billing and collections and they were unable to find my account.  They put me on hold and had a supervisor/manager search for my account as well and no luck.  Per the manager she stated if the collection agency closed the account and sent it back to Progressive in which they do not have a record, she advised to dispute the debt with the credit bureaus and since there is no record of my debt with them it will be erased from my credit report. 

My Question:

Should I even bother disputing with the credit bureaus, since the Collection Agency has already agreed to delete the negative mark? 

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

So today i am VERY ANGRY with Credit Karma.  I check weekly on the app website and noticed there were changes today.  First and Foremost, it shows that I took a -24pt hit from 614 to 590.  I very quickly ran to my computer to check the website and the website says i have a +3pts this update of a credit score 587.  So not only are the app and website giving me different scores for transunion, they are reporting different +/- scores from previous update.  

A new feauture is they are using the Vanguard 3.0 credit scoring system and now you can access your Equifax score as well for free (mine shows 591,  

Good news, my second pay for delete letter i sent out already wiped from my collections on the credit report. 

But WHY THE HECK is my score so different?? No changes have been made or updates to accounts.  My credit score history on the app shows i have been going up steadily for the past 3 months from 566 to 614, and on the website it shows totally different from 560-590 in the past few months.  THIS IS CRAZY.  Can I even trust credit karma anymore???

I sent an email to Credit Karma statiing my experience.  Waiting on a reply

Message 18 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

The difference is likely because of the change from Vantage New Account score to the current Vantage 3.0.

Its possible the mobile app hasn't been configured with the new data source yet.
Message 19 of 41
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I just started checking credit also. I have a lot of unpaid medical bills and some I have no idea where they came from. Some where from (during my pregnancy) when my step father had my birthday wrong on the insurance, therefore when I presented my license at the hospital, I automatically got billed a few days later because the birthdays didn't match and they are about $10,000. Am I asked to negotiate a smaller amount? They are different accounts but to the same company. Other medical bills are like $500 on other accounts.

For medical collections I recommend you Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help with these. We cannot discuss it in detail on this board.

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.