cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay For Delete Success!!!!

tag
nicklivermore

Re: Pay For Delete Success!!!!

Thanks for the template and advice. I made a some PFD Letters using this template. I will be sending them out tomorrow in hopes that I can be 100% sucessful. Thanks again for the awesome template.

Message 21 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I'm eager to try this template out for a mortgage account I just found out was charged off.  This happened back in 2006 and, had it not been for a background check that was being conducted, I would've never realized this was on my account.

According to my Experian report, that account is scheduled o continue on my record until January of 2017.  I called my original creditor and they forwarded me to the collection agency that currently has the account.  The collection agency stated that my original creditor reported the debt to the credit bureaus because they [the collection agency] doesn't report to the credit bureaus.

My question is... If I use this draft for a PFD letter do I try sending it to the original creditor, since they're the ones who reported the debt, or do I send it to the current collection agency who now has this account?

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Message 22 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, if aiming to pay for a percentage of the debt, is there a suggested percentage to try and pay off? I want them to accept me making an effort to make a payment but I fear if my offer is too low, they won't accept my offer.  I want to offer 10 percent of what the original debt owed was (there's no way I can pay off the full amount), but with interest and extras being reported, should I attempt to pay a percentage of what is NOW owed, or stick to the original reported amount?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions like a five year old, but I'm clueless as to how to go about this and I'd really like to make an effort to resolve this myself before having to resort to getting a lawyer. Thanks!

Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im confused.  If you contacted the collection agency and they said they do not report to the credit reports, then how do they have leverage on you?  Have you pulled your credit report yourself (www.annualcreditreport.com).  If the collection agency is listed on the report, they they lied to you and they DO report to the credit bureaus.

As far as a pay for delete,  offering 0% is a long shot.  I offer 100% to have things removed, and have had both accounts removed without me paying a penny luckily.  Rule of thumb is offering 50% or more on a PFD.  I dont have enough experinece to guide you further.  Maybe someone else can add to this comment.

Also, I just moved from Florida to Nashville, looked at my credit score here on MyFico and saw that I have a - 49pt hit just for a new address being detected?????? HOW is that?  that just erased all the hard work I have been doing!  

Message 24 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I just received a letter from a collector saying I didn't give enough Information and requested a copy of my drivers license and ssn. I am not sure how to reply back to them? I will not be sending any personal information that is for sure. 

Message 25 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

You sent the template above to them (PFD)?  You included your name, and account number?

DO NOT SEND THEM ANYTHING!!!!

Either they are playing games with you, or they dont have your account any longer.

Reply back by letter,  advise them that the information that you sent is correct and all that is shown on your credit report.  (include the PFD LETTER again as well)

Be sure to let them know either agree to the terms of the PFD letter, or you will follow up with a Debt Validation letter, and Cease and Desist.

Not sure this is the right way to handle it, but I would do it this way.

Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind, your succes is not universal. Companies can and are penalized for removing data on a credit report.  On small amounts, this may work with the OC. But keep this in mind: even if you get a signed letter from the OC or CA, how do you enforce it if they do not delete the entry from your CR?

Commssioned sales people (CA's) are paid on how much they bring in and are likely to tell you or sign off on just about anything to get that money. Managers are in the same boat with their paychecks tied directly to the performance of their underlings.

You might wield some extra power if you live near the CA where you can sue them.  From a distance? You'll find yourself spending money on transportation and you may arrive at the courthouse only to find that, unbeknownst prior to your arrival, they have been able to postpone the court date forcing you to go through this again. A complaint with the AG's office, or in the case of a CA, a complaint to the OC.

Not saying that it's not worth a shot, but don't get hopes too high on the same level of success listed above in every case.

Message 27 of 41
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Keep in mind, your succes is not universal. Companies can and are penalized for removing data on a credit report.  On small amounts, this may work with the OC. But keep this in mind: even if you get a signed letter from the OC or CA, how do you enforce it if they do not delete the entry from your CR? The ultimate enforcer is a lawsuit for misrepresentation but it can be enforced thru other methods the BBB being one of them for shoddy business practices.

Commssioned sales people (CA's) are paid on how much they bring in and are likely to tell you or sign off on just about anything to get that money. Managers are in the same boat with their paychecks tied directly to the performance of their underlings.

You might wield some extra power if you live near the CA where you can sue them.  From a distance? You'll find yourself spending money on transportation and you may arrive at the courthouse only to find that, unbeknownst prior to your arrival, they have been able to postpone the court date forcing you to go through this again. A complaint with the AG's office, or in the case of a CA, a complaint to the OC.

Not saying that it's not worth a shot, but don't get hopes too high on the same level of success listed above in every case.

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Just wanted to ask, how old was this debt? 

Message 29 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Debts were about 2-3years old.  The older the better.

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.