Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay For Delete Success!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay For Delete Success!!!!

Can PFD letter such as this work for a judgement (eviction) as well? I know there are no guarantees, but just wondering if anyone had PFD a judgement before. Also how is it possible to make sure the CA is not able to take your money without removing the account from your CR?

Message 31 of 41
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats...........

Message 32 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome! I really like your template. I have heard they will reissue the debt once they have validated so it will take more time to drop off? Is that true?
Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curios what all the abbreviations mean? Such as DV and GW? I'm researching and want to get as much info as possible. Also, ty for thr sample letter. I have read that using the word dispute in the PFD letter will cause some issues but havent located what issues could come from that. Does anyone here have any idea? 

Message 34 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quoted from another member, " Oh, they will do it, but they just have to be convinced it in their best interest. The request has to get seen by someone there with more than a shoe size IQ equivalent". 

My question is how do I get to that person? Or at least get the decision makers contact info so I can send the PFD request? 

Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just make it out to "Collection Manager"....I have never had a problem...i actually just sent to more PFD letters to get my girlfriends credit up....Also, had success!  No one has turned me down yet.

Message 36 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV is Debt Validation

GW I believe is a Goodwill letter I believe.  SImilar to a PFD.

Message 37 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success.

I believe I am missing something though. You didn't pay a penny?

Did you not promise to pay for the deletion if they agreed to the terms?

Message 38 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they don't delete it do you send this letter to the credit bureaus yourself?
Message 39 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

So did you not even have to pay a dime to get this deleted? If so, that's great! I'm trying to get rid of negative items on my report so we can buy a home in the next two years but had a medical bill go to collections without ever receiving a bill and it hasn't shown up on my credit report yet.  It was just sent over last month apparently and I only found out because I called to check how much I owed! So infuriating!  Wondering if I should just wait to try this once it gets reported or call and offer to pay 25% now?  Any suggestions, people? 

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.