Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay For Delete - Time taken to update Experian

tag
Ankurg0929

Pay For Delete - Time taken to update Experian

Hi Guys , 

I am new here but have been going through a lot of posts on Pay for delete. I really appreciate all the help this forum/members have provided to people like me. 

Here is my situation : - 

On March 26th - I pulled up my 3 credit reports and saw that my Experian score has plummeted. Reason - From no where a collections accounted has reported on my credit for $79.  I called the Collections company and spoke to a representative. He mentioned that the account had been past due. I didn't even recognize the account but since the amount was not that high , I Told the rep that I am not agreeing that I own this debt but I am making full payment just to have this deleted from my credit report. 

The rep immediately agreed. 

My Mistake : I made the payment then and there without getting anything in writing prior to the payment. When I started researching I found out that I should have gotten a PAY FOR DELETE written agreement. 

To my surprise and hour later I receive 2 mails from collections company 

First email text - From the rep I spoke to and his official email Id 

Per your request, this e-mail is to confirm that once the
Remaining balance of your account in our office
(#XXXXXXXXXXX) is paid in full -- in the amount of $78.57 --
Your account will be designated as "paid in full," provided
No funds are returned to our office.  In addition, a request
Will be made to remove the item from your credit bureau
Report once the account has been paid in full.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further
Questions. 

Second Email Had a Word Document Attached with following message

RMG SYSTEMS

a division of Receivables Management Group, Inc.

14675 Martin  Dr. Suite 100

EDEN PRAIRIE, MN  55344

952.826.1914 • 800.RMG.5250 TOLL FREE

Date:   3/26/2013

Client Name:  West Bay Acquisitions

Client# xxxxxxxxxxx

RMG# xxxxxxxxxxxx

Balance $ 0

To:  XXXXXXXX

The above referenced account is satisfied.

The appropriate credit reporting agencies will be updated to reflect a trade line deletion.

Regards,

Kevin Aplin

RMG Systems

800-764-5250

This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information will be used for that purpose.

My Questions :- I was told that the request to delete the negative line item from my report was submitted on 3/26 and should be deleted by 4/10. I have been updating reports everyday but it still exists. So I called the CA again today and was told to wait a couple of weeks as it takes time to delete and he did mention that they have submitted the request from their side. How long does it take for the report to update the deletion. The negative was just reported to Experian.

Can the emails from the CA's be considered as a contract? 

How long should I wait for Experian to update (delete this negative item)? 

What's should be my next steps? 

I have been working really hard to keep my report good and would really appreciate the help here from experts. Thanks a ton for all your help guys. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pay For Delete - Time taken to update Experian

I did a PFD on March 4th and it came off experian on last Friday, 4/12/13.

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 2 of 13
Ankurg0929

Thanks for your response!

So I should expect to have it fall off my report sometime end of April or May first week. 

Good to hear that the CA wasn't lying about this. The reason for my doubt was solely because I have seen posts where people had the negative item removed from their report in a Day. 

Message 3 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is a pretty clear written contract, and would be enforceable in court.

They are compelled to carry out the agreed terms, or you have a breach of contract issue for which you can bring civil action to enforce.

The problem that could arise is the acceptance of the CRAs of those terms.

Deletion as a result of payment of the debt is contrary to the policy of the CRAs, and is stated in both their credit reporting manuals and their reporting agreements with their furnishers.  If the debt collector reports deletion, they dont have to provide a reason to the CRA, so it does not become an issue.  They just report, and the CRA deletes.

However, it might be best not to dispute with or complain to the CRA that they have not deleted.  Any such complaint/dispute would require you to include their pay for delete agreement as your supporting rationale.  Upon seeing that, the CRA is put in the position of being asked to support a deletion for a reason that is directly contrary to their published policy.

Keep pushing the debt collector to simply report deletion as agreed in their private contract with you

Message 4 of 13
Ankurg0929

Thanks a Ton Robert! This is what i assumed . 

Also while looking online for more information on this CA , I found that this CA has multiple complaints on BBB for reporting account to collections without any communication with account holder. Thats exactly what happend to me. Also realized that a lot of people have recently complained and CA have removed the negative item from their report. So I guess if all else fails , I would file a complaint with BBB ( seriously hoping it doesnt get to this point and the negative listing is removed from my account soon).

Thanks!!!!!!! 

Message 5 of 13
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

Definitely give it at least 30 days before jumping the gun. I know the waiting sucks!

I PFD'ed on March 2nd, and didn't see the reflection of the deletion on Experian until 4/1, so almost a month later... 

The CAs (as mean as some of them are) are usually pretty good with their word.

Message 6 of 13
sassyj9374
Established Member

You should fax the letter to Experian to get a quicker deletion.
NFCU nREWARDS~ $2500
NavCheck~ $2000
NFCU cash rewards ~$1500
Cap1~ $500
VS ~$350
Cap 1 (sc)~ $300
Walmart $300
Message 7 of 13
Ankurg0929

Sorry for above message used wrong id. 

Thanks For all your support guys!!!! I checked this morning and It was gone !!!!!!!!!!!! 

Message 8 of 13
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

congrats!!

Message 9 of 13
Ankurg0929

THANKS!!!!Smiley Very Happy

My Score Jumped 110 points Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.