Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay For Delete (many questions)

tag
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Pay For Delete (many questions)

Can I ask to settle for 30% in a PFD letter?

Can I send through email?

Will they respond in writing so that I have proof of agreement?

Can I use a PFD letter for medical judgments?

I have 2 collection accounts PIF. How do I get them to remove it from my CR?

How long does the whole process usually take on average?

Should I write PFD letters for account scheduled to fall off in less than a year? (I really don't want to)

Sorry for all the questions. I'm new at this. Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
KnewBee
New Contributor

Re: Pay For Delete (many questions)

1. You can ask, generally PFDs have greater chance of success the more you offer, but worst they can do is say no to a lower offer

2.  You can, most people prefer to use regular mail so there is formal documentation of communications, but not required.

3.  Depends on CA, some are hestitant to put in writing due to agreement with CRAs not to delete paid collections but YMMV

4.  Not sure on this one, but I dont see why not. You may have to have judgements vacated depending on situation.

5.  See GW letter, this is what you would use for these.

6.  Varies greatly depending on situation, anywhere from a couple of weeks to several months, but usually at least a month or more, again YMMV.

7.  Up to you. Probably depends what your credit needs are between now and when they fall off on their own.

Hope this helps!

Starting Scores: 9/19/2012 EQ 613 / TU 526 / EX 543
Current Scores: EQ 716 TU 724 EX 724 Goal Scores: 700
Message 2 of 6
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@KnewBee wrote:

1. You can ask, generally PFDs have greater chance of success the more you offer, but worst they can do is say no to a lower offer

2.  You can, most people prefer to use regular mail so there is formal documentation of communications, but not required.

3.  Depends on CA, some are hestitant to put in writing due to agreement with CRAs not to delete paid collections but YMMV

4.  Not sure on this one, but I dont see why not. You may have to have judgements vacated depending on situation.

5.  See GW letter, this is what you would use for these.

6.  Varies greatly depending on situation, anywhere from a couple of weeks to several months, but usually at least a month or more, again YMMV.

7.  Up to you. Probably depends what your credit needs are between now and when they fall off on their own.

Hope this helps!

+1

Also on number 4 you have to have the judgment vacated through the courts to get it removed.  A PFD would only delete the collection account.  I had 7 collection accounts last year.  All but one refused a PFD no matter how I approached them.  Most refuse it cause of their agreement with the CRA's plus they wont agree to it in a paper trail cause that means there is evidence on something they werent supposed to do.  I have had most success with paying the account in full then sending a GW letter asking for a delete kindly

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Asking for GW deletion of any reported information must be directed to the party who reported the information, as others cannot agree to delete information they did not report.

Judgements, being public records, are often not reported by the judgment creditor or the judgment court. 

If the judgement creditor was the reporting party, then yes, you can request them to delete that reporting, obviating any need to go through the process of first getting the court to vacate the judgment, and then requesting deletion based on that action.

Who reported the judgment? 

Message 4 of 6
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Inova Health Systems

Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 5 of 6
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

I take that back. It was the court that reported them. Inova hasn't reported anything on my credit.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.