Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Midland? Not reporting CRA's yet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay Midland? Not reporting CRA's yet

Thanks to all for the help so far...another question..

In my dealings with Midland with an old Tmobile account Ive found that they own a small debt from Verizon that I did not know about. Ive spoken to Verizon about the old account and they say they cannot accept payment and referred me to Midland. Midland has not reported this debt to the CRA's as of yet. Should I pay/settle with Midland and if so is there any chance they will then post this to the CRA's?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pay Midland? Not reporting CRA's yet

Maybe other members will say otherwise but I say, pay for it. If you indeed owe them money - pay them. They'll eventually put it on your credit report and once they do that, I'll be hard for you or them to remove it. So I'd say, pay it.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that's what I was tthinking  as well.  I didn't know about the debt until I logged onto Midlands website. They never contacted me about it and it seems they've owned it since 01/2013.  Verizon confirmed there was a balance but couldn't accept payment.

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The normal procedure is to call them and make a payment for NOT reporting offer.

It's a modified form of a PFD offer.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do NOT want to have to fight the "Giant" Midland if they do report. They are difficult to remove if paid. Secure their offer to not report before paying. You will be glad you did!!!!! Just search the formums about Midland... you do NOT want them or your reports.

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Additionally, the credit reporting agencies have a policy, incorporated into their credit reporting agreements, that reporting should not be deleted based on payment of a debt.

The CRAs have that policy in order to retain the value of the credit reports they sell by retaining as much info as possible.

However, info that has not been reported does not fall within their credit reporting agreement, and thus they have no concern with their credit reporting commitment when agreeing NOT to report.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in the same boat earlier this month. You DEFINITELY want to pay Midland in advance before they report. They have been reporting my debt owed to T mobile since 2011 and I have been jacking with them since. It finally got removed just a few weeks ago. My original debt was $227, I ended up paying $156 and they stopped reporting it completely and was updated within 72 hours. It was a lot of work and talking with many many representatives. Just pay it now, maybe they will settle for less before they start reporting. good luck

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.