Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay OC or CA

tag
mec84
New Contributor

Pay OC or CA

I have a collection account from GEMB  from 2005.  Since then it has been transfered 2 or 3 different times.  Currently it is with LVNV i think.  So my question is do I contact LVNV or GEMB? It started out being 4500 it is now at 5000 something.  do i offer less?  do i just pay it then contact to see if they will delete?  If i pay LVNV do i still need to contact GEMB to see if they will remove or should i try GEMB to see if they take payments?  This is so complicated. 

Thanks IN advance

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Pay OC or CA

How is GEMB reporting the debt?  If it is a 0 balance that would indicate they no longer own the debt.

If it is, you would have to work with LVNV. 

Message 2 of 9
mec84
New Contributor

if it says that i owe $5005 how much should i offer?  the original debt started at like $4000. 

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Since you are asking for a deletion along with a settlement you may need to offer more than what you would just to settle.

Message 4 of 9
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

I think you should first figure out whether the OC is reporting, as Guiness suggested earlier.  If they (OC)  are not reporting, give them a call to see whether they can accept payment.  If they can, it means they have not sold the debt, in which case you might consider the pros and cons of settling with the CA.

cheers, Oyiwaa

Message 5 of 9
mec84
New Contributor

So if I pay the CA can i get the OC removed off my report?

Message 6 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 7 of 9
mec84
New Contributor

TransUnion

OriginalCreditor AgencyName AccountNumber AccountStatus Date ofStatus BalanceAmount BalanceDate DateOpen DatePaid

12 GE MONEY BANK GECAF BEST BRANDLVNV FUNDINGXXXXXXUNPAID $5,032.0002/15/201309/23/2011

I am assuming it has been sold to LVNV Funding and GE has nothing to do with it now.

Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.