Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Off Outstanding Debt In BK...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Pay Off Outstanding Debt In BK...

Barclays was one of my creditors in my BK that was discharged in 09.

I had included 6300 balance on their travelocity mastercard

Well, I have some extra $ and I thought I wanted to pay this so their credit dept would not show it sitting in their computer anymore as this is the reason they are denying me another card

Has anyone paid off a debt that was in their BK with a creditor then had that greatly improve their relationship with that creditor?

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Pay Off Outstanding Debt In BK...

@Andy77 wrote:

Barclays was one of my creditors in my BK that was discharged in 09.

I had included 6300 balance on their travelocity mastercard

Well, I have some extra $ and I thought I wanted to pay this so their credit dept would not show it sitting in their computer anymore as this is the reason they are denying me another card

Has anyone paid off a debt that was in their BK with a creditor then had that greatly improve their relationship with that creditor?

Thoughts?

I would not do this, if it were me. If they gave you one card, eventually they would have to give you another. I would just use and pay the current card responsibly, and after some history with the new card, they should approve you for another. Barclay's is not especially good about giving anyone multiple cards, even without a BK reporting (you usually have to move the CL's around, etc.).

Can they guarantee they will give you the card you want if you pay the old balance? I doubt it. How long have you had the new card with them?

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.