Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Sprint or Diversified Consultants

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay Sprint or Diversified Consultants

I have a 2 year old collection ($180) with Diversified Consultants for Sprint on my Credit report. The Sprint account is not on my credit reports at all though.  I would like to get a house next year so I want it paid. It is my debt and has been verified. So basically here are my questions:

1. From my research that I have done it seems the easiest path would be to pay Sprint and then DCI should fall off, right?

2. If Sprint will recall the debt and place the account in good standing and paid will that add 2 years of missed payments to my report?

3. Probably obvious but getting it paid through Sprint will always look better than paid through DCI, right?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Pay Sprint or Diversified Consultants

1. Don't pay Sprint unless they pull the account back. Make sure it's been done before paying them. If you pay Sprint before it's pulled back all Divesified is required to do is to update the account as paid with a zero balance. It won't be removed.
2. Paying Sprint won't add payments to your reports.
3. I don't think it matters.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay Sprint or Diversified Consultants

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a 2 year old collection ($180) with Diversified Consultants for Sprint on my Credit report. The Sprint account is not on my credit reports at all though.  I would like to get a house next year so I want it paid. It is my debt and has been verified. So basically here are my questions:

1. From my research that I have done it seems the easiest path would be to pay Sprint and then DCI should fall off, right?

2. If Sprint will recall the debt and place the account in good standing and paid will that add 2 years of missed payments to my report?

3. Probably obvious but getting it paid through Sprint will always look better than paid through DCI, right?

Have you communicated with DC in any way? If not, just continue to ignore them and Sprint will move it to another collector - when they move it you will have a grace period with the new collector where if you pay it, they will not report it. If DCI has not deleted their report, you can then dispute their report as they do not not have collection authority.

They usually move such accounts (to a new collector) about every six months or so if the collector makes no progress.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.