cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay a late and eventually Goodwill, or is there a way to renegotiate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay a late and eventually Goodwill, or is there a way to renegotiate?

Hi everyone!  Love this community, it's helped me a TON!

In fact, I was sharing my progress with a friend and he's asking for my help.

He has a Credit One showing as 120 late. It is a closed account with a balance. 

Should he pay it off and hope for goodwill letters to work later in the year, or is there a way he can renegotiate?  I'm thinking something similar for a Pay for Delete, but more of a Pay For Removing Lates? Is that even possible?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pay a late and eventually Goodwill, or is there a way to renegotiate?

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi everyone!  Love this community, it's helped me a TON!

In fact, I was sharing my progress with a friend and he's asking for my help.

He has a Credit One showing as 120 late. It is a closed account with a balance. 

Should he pay it off and hope for goodwill letters to work later in the year, or is there a way he can renegotiate?  I'm thinking something similar for a Pay for Delete, but more of a Pay For Removing Lates? Is that even possible?

Thanks in advance!

There is the PFD but its designed to really be used with collection agencies and JDBs not OCs. OCs rarely grant a PFD but that doesnt mean one would first try, they are used on COed accounts. If this has not yet gone to CO he would want to pay it immediately to avoid that mark its worse than lates. I have never heard of pay for removing individual lates. GW letter campaign would be the way to go after its been taken care of.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay a late and eventually Goodwill, or is there a way to renegotiate?

Ok, thank you for the reponse!

Like I said, I didn't know if such a thing was possible pre-charge off.  If he succesfully gets things removed I'll be sure to give an update.

Have a great afternoon!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.