cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay collection agency reporting on my Credit report?

tag
TigerRed
Contributor

Pay collection agency reporting on my Credit report?

Collection Account on my CR as......Account Name: Bull City   Balance: $540    Balance Date: 6/10/2013 (I received a copy of the final bill from Duke Energy which I didnt get before and the due date of this was June 2, 2011) Condition: Derogatory Status: Opened: 6/10/2013 Remarks: Placed for collection

I want to also add that I have never spoken to or received a dunning notice from the collection agency, Bull City.

I spoke to Duke Energy on the phone a week ago regarding this collection acct.  Duke is the OC, Bull City (J L Walston) is the CA reporting on my 3 credit reports.  I was gonna go ahead and pay duke, I want this resolved but they said that the reporting will be updated as paid collection.  I really really want this resolved so I really really want to pay it BUT I really really want this acct to be deleted.   So of course I want to ask for advice on what to do next. 

I did read something last week along the lines of asking the OC to recall the debt so that I could pay them (duke energy) directly and request verification with the 3 CRA's which will result in the collection acct being deleted due to Bull City no longer being appointed by duke to collect on this debt.

Or should I contact duke energy again hoping to get a different person and a different answer?

Or should I try to pfd the collection agency although I can not find evidence of them agreeing to a pfd for anyone?

Or should I just pay it and GW the heck out of them?

Thanks for any advice you could give.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Pay collection agency reporting on my Credit report?

Sorry you didn't get any answers lets try again 

Bump for helpSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
TigerRed
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Sorry you didn't get any answers lets try again 

Bump for helpSmiley Wink

Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 5
TigerRed
Contributor

BUMP

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Or should I contact duke energy again hoping to get a different person and a different answer?"

Yes. Can't hurt to try this.

"Or should I try to pfd the collection agency although I can not find evidence of them agreeing to a pfd for anyone?"

Only if the above does not go anywhere. Be prepared to pay even if they say no, because it gives them kn owledge that you CAN pay, and they may decide to sue and collect anyway. 

"Or should I just pay it and GW the heck out of them?"

If one and two don't work, then yes.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.