Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay down credit card then how long does it take to reflect in fico score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay down credit card then how long does it take to reflect in fico score

If pay down credit card how long will it take to reflect in my fico score...can it be possible it is as soon as do it?Have only two credit cards...one huge thing hurting my credit score which is 690 is high debt on the  the cards (bought furniture...). ...if I pay off how long will it take to reflect...I am applying for a job and would like it to be a higher score...since there is a bankruptcy which is ten years old due to come off in October...hoping a higher score will make up for it....................................
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DustyStash
Valued Member

Re: Pay down credit card then how long does it take to reflect in fico score

It is not possible for your score to improve as soon as you pay your credit card ... no. Your score won't improve until the creditor reports the new balance to the credit bureaus. They usually report this a few days after the monthly billing period ends. So if you pay your card down in the middle of the billing period, it might be 2-4 weeks before your score comes up.  If you pay right at the end of period, it might be a matter of a few days to a week. Some creditors update weekly. It shouldn't take more than a month though, regardless of when you send your payment in.

If you're really wanting to know,  call the credit card company and ask them when they report to the bureaus. Some do it on a specific day monthly, some do it twice a month .. some do it weekly. Sometimes 1st of month .. sometimes 30th . it just depends.  Just remember, theres always a lag time from when you paid the credit card company, until the time they report it to the bureaus. Your score won't change, until the bureaus get the updated payment information from your credit card company.

sparky 
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay down credit card then how long does it take to reflect in fico score

The day your CC's report...is the closing date...on your statement...then it takes about a few days...to a week for all CRAs to update...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.