Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for Delete Inquiry

tag
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

Pay for Delete Inquiry

I have a question about PFD.

I have 2 accounts with the CA Paragon Revenue Group.  I called them today (I know a big no no), to see about a possible pay for delete.  Don't worry I didn't validate the debt or anything Smiley Very Happy.

Well, the rep was very nice and very understanding and stated that they don't do that, BUT if I pay the amount due in full (it was something like $500 total), that they would report it as paid to the CRA's.  Which is understandable, but then she said that once the payment clears, I could write a letter asking for deletion from my reports.  She said that they have a rep that works everyday with the OC which is an emergency room that was visited in 2011, and that once I get the letter to them (basically a GW letter stating why I would like it deleted), that that rep would present it to the hospital and that the hospital would tell them "yes go ahead and delete, or no can't do it" or whatever.

Has anyone ever heard of this?  It wasn't like a ploy she was using to get payment, as she didn't say "YES they will delete as long as you pay" or anything like that.  She just said that it was something that I could do, once payment was made and cleared. 

If anyone has any advice or knowledge of this or maybe something that I can do on my end please let me know.

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pay for Delete Inquiry

@Jarnog wrote:

I have a question about PFD.

I have 2 accounts with the CA Paragon Revenue Group.  I called them today (I know a big no no), to see about a possible pay for delete.  Don't worry I didn't validate the debt or anything Smiley Very Happy.

Well, the rep was very nice and very understanding and stated that they don't do that, BUT if I pay the amount due in full (it was something like $500 total), that they would report it as paid to the CRA's.  Which is understandable, but then she said that once the payment clears, I could write a letter asking for deletion from my reports.  She said that they have a rep that works everyday with the OC which is an emergency room that was visited in 2011, and that once I get the letter to them (basically a GW letter stating why I would like it deleted), that that rep would present it to the hospital and that the hospital would tell them "yes go ahead and delete, or no can't do it" or whatever.

Has anyone ever heard of this?  It wasn't like a ploy she was using to get payment, as she didn't say "YES they will delete as long as you pay" or anything like that.  She just said that it was something that I could do, once payment was made and cleared. 

If anyone has any advice or knowledge of this or maybe something that I can do on my end please let me know.

Thanks!!

Sounds like this is medical, I would Google search the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for assistance.

Some will delete if its paid but a lot of them also just say they will try and get it done to collect the money from you.

Message 2 of 3
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pay for Delete Inquiry

So if the HIPPA process doesn't work or won't work or whatever, would you suggest sending a PFD letter?

Thanks for the info btw Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.