Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for Deletion Letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay for Deletion Letter?

When doing a PFD by phone are you contacting the collection agency or the original creditor?

Message 11 of 17
CorporalAv
Established Member

I am actually interested in this as well. I have had success with this in the past. However, it has been a while and I know times change. 

If I were to call, and lets say they agree to do a PFD, should I request confirmation in writing from them? Does emailing work also? 

Capital One QS $1,100 | Capital One QS ONE $1,200 | NFCU Cash Back Visa Signature $7,000 | USAA Platinum $1,000 | Discover IT $3,900 | Barclaycard - Apple $2,000 | AMEX PRG | Care Credit $7,000

As of 11/23:657 EX FICO
Message 12 of 17
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

I've decided to make phone calls my way to negotiate/PFD. I have an app that records all phone calls. I'll ask for email correspondence as well. Buy all those stamps for what?

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a few PFD's just recently. I did one of them over the phone, however the debt was only for $37. I will be requesting another one today over the phone once the company opens up.

Good luck!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

was it with the original creditor or collection agency?

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see you said you call. Is there a script or a way of going about it? I got a $200 i would like to attempt it on

Message 16 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I see you said you call. Is there a script or a way of going about it? I got a $200 i would like to attempt it on

You can adapt the presentation from written letters and adjust it to your situation   

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.