Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for Deletion advice when there are limited funds

tag
Aznmomma2

Pay for Deletion advice when there are limited funds

Hello Everyone, 

I'm trying to help out a friend (seriosuly for a friend Smiley LOL)  

She is getting herself back on track with her credit cards but has two of them that are in collections.  1 has been in collections for over a year and the other for about 6 months. She wants to send a Pay for Deletion letter to each but at the moment does not have the funds she will agree to in her letters. I told her to wait then! They are already in collections, already negative, and if they agree to her letters, then she will make it worse for herself by not being able to send in the accepted upon money. 

Did I advise her correctly? She is concerned because in order to stay good on her current accounts, she may not be able to have the pay for deletion funds for about another 6 months. I told her that it is good she is motivated to fix her credit, but being too eager and promising without have the money can lead to more problems.  She also asked if Pay for Deletion letters can have payment plan options - this I did not know how to answer, as my only successful letter was a 1-time payment. 

Thanks for any other advice you may have. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Pay for Deletion advice when there are limited funds

They may agree to a PFD on a payment plan. I would not request anything until she has funds to pay or to make payments.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I second medicgrrl. She should only make the pay for delete requests AFTER she has the funds to fulfil her side of the arrangement. It's already a delicate situation, with no guarantee of success, so it's best for her to have all her ducks in a row before she goes down that path. If, for example, they agree and she doesnt have the money, then what? You have given her good advice so far. She can focus on saving a bit until she has the total money owed.
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A PFD is the legal offer of contract terms for settlement of the debt.

One should never make a contract offer that they knowingly cannot comply with.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.