cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for Deletion ?

tag
CedtheEntnr

Pay for Deletion ?

Just have a quick ?. If i get a pay for deletion how long will it take to take effect. The collection shows paid now instead of it being deleted. Is it suppose to get deleted right away or do they change it to paid and then delete it? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Re: Pay for Deletion ?

I would suppose it depended if you had it in writing that they would delete.  I don't have a solid answer except that it seems weird that they would go through the process of updating the bureaus and then removing it later.  But again, I am not versed in this experience.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 2 of 6
CedtheEntnr

they faxed me a paper stating that it would be deleted

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It should have been deleted and not updated.  Do you have a written agreement?

Message 4 of 6
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

I would imagine that the fax would suffice...I hope so.  I have an email agreeing to PFD.  Guiness, would the fax, and my email, be sufficient?

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Don't dispute it or ask the CRA to remove it.

Contact the CA and remind them of their agreement and that they only updated.  If they tell you anything differently than they will delete, file a complaint with the BBB.  The CA would not want their name mud with the BBB.  You can submit a copy of the email and fax.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.