Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for delete Phoenix Financial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay for delete Phoenix Financial

Any experience with pay for delete with Phoenix Financial which is collecting a medical debt? The Woman on the phone told me that She cant send an email or anything in writing. But they did offer a hefty discount and told me they will completely remove it from my credit report if I paid.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay for delete Phoenix Financial

Get it in writing from Phoenix on there Letterhead so you have documentation. Years ago I went through this same thing and took secveral collection agencies word that they would remove it after it was paid. GUESS WHAT? both collection agencies expereinced amnesia and I had to wait the entire 7 years for it to fall off. It updated as " charged off paid in full" .. Dont trust anyone. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should ask a mod to move this to Rebuilding Your Credit, you'll get more relevant responses there Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Look into the laws of your state regarding recording phone calls. If you are in a one party state you can record them without having to let the other party know. If they state that the account will be removed and they don't you can sue them for violating a verbal contract.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats so odd.  If you live in AZ almost all collectors are willing to do PFD.  I have had sooooo many PFD I make it look like an art form most of which i assume its because they were mdeical and all in AZ collection companies. The only agency not willing to play ball on a medical collection PFD is a crack pot agency called Nemos Collection but after a dispute it got removed anyways.  How much do you owe?  i would try again and ask for a supervisor.  Be nice, Kill them with kindness.  If they are local to you; say that you can drive there if they are willing to print it out for you as you make the payment.

Message 5 of 11
amytx1978

I called on an old medical bill that my ex husband was supposed to pay for our child. I asked for a PFD letter, they said they don't do it but would report to credit bureaus once payment cleared. I took the settlement amount. Just noticed Experian was updated as $0 balance and settled for less than full payment! What a crock. I'm trying to get a mortgage, and my middle score is 630. This was my only baddie, and I was hoping for a big jump. Anyone have tips on what to do now?

Message 6 of 11
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

It's common for a CA to report a $0 balance first before removing an account. I would give it 2 weeks before calling them back.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 7 of 11
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

GW letters. Since you accepted the settlement then they are reporting correctly.
Message 8 of 11
amytx1978

They were deleted! My scores jumped an average of 40 pts!

Message 9 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@amytx1978 wrote:

They were deleted! My scores jumped an average of 40 pts!

Grats Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.