cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for delete response? Success or Failure?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay for delete response? Success or Failure?

Hey everyone, I recently pulled my credit report and found a blemish that is affecting my credit. Upon reading several guides I gave them a call and asked if for our mutual benefit I could make a one time payment and the blemish removed from my report.

I tried asking for specific words in the letter but they mentioned their lawyers helped draft the letter and they cannot make any changes.

This is the response offcourse edited for confidentiality in brackets:

"(Collection agency) as the assignee of (Debt originator), has been authorized to settle in full the above mentioned account with a current balance owing of $xxx for (account number) on or before 05/20/2016.

Upon receipt of verified funds in the amount of $xxx on or before 05/20/2016, (Collection agency) agrees to request from the credit bureaus to remove any and all of our credit bureau listings if applicable."

It is not signed but it was mailed to me. I know how something like this needs to be worded carefully and was wondering what everyones thoughts are on this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay for delete response? Success or Failure?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone, I recently pulled my credit report and found a blemish that is affecting my credit. Upon reading several guides I gave them a call and asked if for our mutual benefit I could make a one time payment and the blemish removed from my report.

I tried asking for specific words in the letter but they mentioned their lawyers helped draft the letter and they cannot make any changes.

This is the response offcourse edited for confidentiality in brackets:

"(Collection agency) as the assignee of (Debt originator), has been authorized to settle in full the above mentioned account with a current balance owing of $xxx for (account number) on or before 05/20/2016.

Upon receipt of verified funds in the amount of $xxx on or before 05/20/2016, (Collection agency) agrees to request from the credit bureaus to remove any and all of our credit bureau listings if applicable."

It is not signed but it was mailed to me. I know how something like this needs to be worded carefully and was wondering what everyones thoughts are on this?

Thanks!

sounds good to me....

Message 2 of 9
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

I would jump on it

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good enough for me....jump on it and GOOD LUCK!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do it!
Message 5 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Thats all you need, go ahead and pay it.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for everyones replies, I will post updates when I have them for anyone who visits this thread in the future!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouls have preferred the letter to be signed. However I think this would definitely suffice. Have you tried searching the name of the company in this forum to see if anyone has had any success with pay for deletes for that particular company? I know each creditor has their own policy but I think the fact that they gave you something in writing shows good faith on their end. Go for it!

Message 8 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Is the original Debt Originator a cc company and are they also reporting the debt?  just because the CA agrees to a PFD the original creditor can still report?  The original creditor might not  be bound by any PFD you enter into with the CA  and still might continue to report the debt as settled and not PIF. 

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.