Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for delete response legit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay for delete response legit?

My wife recently sent out 3 different pay for delete letters to 1 CA for 3 separate accounts.The CA quickly responded with 1 letter pertaining to all 3 acconts
, agreeing to accept half of each account to settle each account. It also states we will delete from all national credit bureaus,we report twice each month,however that can take up to 90 days. What bugs me is All original amounts and info are typed. Settled amounts are in handwriting. I'm trying to make sure this response letter is not a trick and that these accounts are removed from her report after paying the 50%
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pay for delete response legit?

If you have a paper agreement to delete in exchange for your payment, that meets the criterion of a legal contract.

Unless they assert that you fabricated it, then it is gold.

They are not apt to go before a judge and assert any intent other than what is stated in their letter..... that they will deleted withni the reasonable period specified.

After receving payment, they have no business interest in attempting to defend a breach of contract suit.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was my concern since the settlement amount is handwritten along with the closing signature and contact number. But if all is legit and the 3 separate accounts are deleted, shouldn't her score take a nice leap?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would think that letter would be fine for proof. As for the score leap you just never know.  I had a collection ($560) that was just placed on my reports in Jan 2016 come off my reports today.  I gained a whole 4 points on Experian.  I'm not sure how it affected my TU or EQ yet since I don't get those until next week.  You never know though you could see a greater leap of course but don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen that way.  

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies...I only assumed a nice leap because I disputed 1 account through credit karma for around $400 which got deleted and my score rose 18 points. Her 3 total $1700 with the largest being $800. We plan to pay, but just want to be sure we're accomplishing the goal of getting the accounts deleted resulting in her score raising period,big or small,hopefully big.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.