Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for delete success??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay for delete success??

So, recently i have been dicussing here on the forum about a 2 year old medical collection. I wanted to try and work a pay for delete situation with the CA. I spoke to the CA last Friday, they stated they would do a pay for delete if I wired the complete balance to their bank. Once receiving the $$, they would start the process for a delete from TU, EX, and EQ and mail me a letter stating as such.

Well, to explain more about this I have to say that in the past few months my journey to rehabbing my credit found that I had this medical collection as well as a double hit of a charge off from Chase. The Chase account originally was with Providian. Chase subsequently classified it as a charge-off and sold it to Pinnacle. So, on my 3 reports, it showed as charge off with Chase and then a collection with Pinnacle. Researching on MYFICO as well as other places, I learned a graet deal. One thing I learned was the subject of early exclusions. I managed to get EEs on both the Chase and Pinnacle derogatories for both TU and EX. EQ as is well known, is a stickler. I know it is not supported or approved by My FICO to dispute a negative in order to obtain an EE. However, I tried it with EQ. This morning I received an email from EQ stating they completed the dispute process. I logged in to find that they found against me and it remains. The drop off date for this on EQ is Feb 2016. I suppose based on the knowledge that EQ will delete 1 month early, this will drop off in Jan. No big deal.

Now, this leads back to the medical collection PFD. I got curious and decided to go into my EQ report backdoor via dispute to see what things looked like. I noticed in the negative category it showed only the Pinnacle account. No longer showed the 2 year old medical collection. So, I got curuious enough that I refreshed my 3B report. EQ shows only the Pinnacle account as a negative. The 2 year old medical collection is gone. EX shows no negatives at all. TU is still showing the 2 year old medical collection (I assume it just hasnt been deleted there yet for whatever reason but hopefully will soon).

Now comes the reason I titled this (PFD success??) I see no change in my scores. Is there a delay in that? How long? I would think a 2 year old collection being deleted would bring a significant boost in score. Am I reading this all correct that the CA has actually started deleting the 2 year old medical collection from my reports? I apologize if this whole post is confusing/disjointed. I tried to word it as non-confusing as posible.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay for delete success??

It's hard to say - could be a number of things.

1.  - the infamous rebucket - give it time and your scores will go higher than they could have with it on there.

2.  - something else happened at the same time.  ie your CC UTIL went up at the same time as the derog dropped off or a new INQ or something...

Give it some time - remember it's a marathon not a sprint.  Now that it is off, you can climb higher than you could have with it there. I've had things fall off - UTIL report - inquiries, all within a short time frame - that makes it hard to see what did what to your score.   One goes up, the other knocks it down.   Sometimes it takes a bit for it all to sort out.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So, recently i have been dicussing here on the forum about a 2 year old medical collection. I wanted to try and work a pay for delete situation with the CA. I spoke to the CA last Friday, they stated they would do a pay for delete if I wired the complete balance to their bank. Once receiving the $$, they would start the process for a delete from TU, EX, and EQ and mail me a letter stating as such.

Well, to explain more about this I have to say that in the past few months my journey to rehabbing my credit found that I had this medical collection as well as a double hit of a charge off from Chase. The Chase account originally was with Providian. Chase subsequently classified it as a charge-off and sold it to Pinnacle. So, on my 3 reports, it showed as charge off with Chase and then a collection with Pinnacle. Researching on MYFICO as well as other places, I learned a graet deal. One thing I learned was the subject of early exclusions. I managed to get EEs on both the Chase and Pinnacle derogatories for both TU and EX. EQ as is well known, is a stickler. I know it is not supported or approved by My FICO to dispute a negative in order to obtain an EE. However, I tried it with EQ. This morning I received an email from EQ stating they completed the dispute process. I logged in to find that they found against me and it remains. The drop off date for this on EQ is Feb 2016. I suppose based on the knowledge that EQ will delete 1 month early, this will drop off in Jan. No big deal.

Now, this leads back to the medical collection PFD. I got curious and decided to go into my EQ report backdoor via dispute to see what things looked like. I noticed in the negative category it showed only the Pinnacle account. No longer showed the 2 year old medical collection. So, I got curuious enough that I refreshed my 3B report. EQ shows only the Pinnacle account as a negative. The 2 year old medical collection is gone. EX shows no negatives at all. TU is still showing the 2 year old medical collection (I assume it just hasnt been deleted there yet for whatever reason but hopefully will soon).

Now comes the reason I titled this (PFD success??) I see no change in my scores. Is there a delay in that? How long? I would think a 2 year old collection being deleted would bring a significant boost in score. Am I reading this all correct that the CA has actually started deleting the 2 year old medical collection from my reports? I apologize if this whole post is confusing/disjointed. I tried to word it as non-confusing as posible.

Could simply be that the last time your scores updated, the collection was already gone and you were unaware.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could simply be that the last time your scores updated, the collection was already gone and you were unaware.

I'm fairly OCD about this stuff lol, so no, I don't think that's it or being rebucketed. I get alerts from myfico on changes. I'm guessing my FICO just hasn't caught up yet. I just got home and in my mail was the letter from the CA. It definitely states the 3 CRAs have been instructed to remove it from my report. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.