Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for delete with OC or CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay for delete with OC or CA

Hi, I am currently in the beginning stages of cleaning up my credit. I have been saving money with the intent of doing multiple pay to deletes. Should I send a pay for delete to the original creditor first or am I wasting time? In addition, does a collection agency have the power to pay to delete? I have been paying my creditors thru a debt management program and recenty cancelled b/c I wanted to do it on my own. Did the money I already paid admit to the debt and am I out of that money when it comes to pay to delete? ThanksSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Pay for delete with OC or CA

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

PFD letters are mostly used for CA's, but can be used with OC's too.

Yes, CA 's can delete, but the CA can only delete what they are reporting,not what the OC is reporting and vice versa.

You need to find out who owns the debt, just because a CA is on your CR doesnt mean they own the debt.

Some debts are sold to CA, that means the OC not longer has anything to do with the debt.

Other debts are assigned to CA, they help collect on a debt, but the OC still owns it.

I would suggest reading What Steps Do I Take?Do I DV?PFD?

You may also want to check out the stickys, at the top of the board.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.