Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for delete?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay for delete?

Hi, I'm new here and I've been doing a lot of research on this topic. I'm wanting to do pay for delete letters through a couple of CAs, I have a few baddies on my reports, 2 are medical 1 is an apartment lease which has since been reduced due to me disputing this item. A repo that my CR says is paid (they auctioned it off) my ex husband stopped paying for it while we were getting divorced. My question is if I write a letter to a couple of these CA to pay in full. What do I need to put in it? I've seen several templates of this but they seem to demanding to me. And what can I do about the repo? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for your time!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pay for delete?

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Medicals have more things available than other types of collections.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

as far as a PFD letter to another type of creditor here are the main threads you can take a look at to get an idea of how to word it

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay for delete?

As for repo- same thing happened to me during a divorce, I even got an injunction against all 3 reporting agencies to remove it from my reports as we divided debts equally and I sent them a copy, they stated they weren't bound to my state's judgments. T/U removed it, but it remained on the other two. So my FICO remains affected. But that would be my only suggestion, seek legal remedy like an injunction if you can prove it's your husband's fault to stop reporting it as yours, but there is no guarantee, I think it depends on where you live.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.