Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for deletion help!!

tag
jbrown773
Contributor

Pay for deletion help!!

I was in the process with trying to get a PFD with a CA and they were being very rude and didn't want to do anything. I got a call back today after 3 weeks asking if I could pay this so I asked again for the PFD because there was an address problem where I never received any notice from the CA and the lady said she would talk to her super. she called back 5 minutes later saying she could do that and I asked for a letter stating that with a company letter head and signed signature. She then told me she will find out and call me back again. 5 minutes later again she calls back saying she is sending me a letter in a email and that I would have to pay it today to get it deleted. I asked if the letter is signed and is with a company letter head and she replied with "well yah it coming from us. 

This is what I got, would this be acceptable and is that enough document to hold up in court if they decide not to delete it. I'm asking because the lady on the phone was very vague and seemed like she was going to tell me what ever to get me to pay it today. 

Creditor: XXXXXXXXXXX

Account #: XXXXXX

Current Balance: XXXXX

Dear  XXXXX:

This is a final notice. The notice is a demand for payment in full today. Upon payment in full, the original provider agrees to delete from all major credit bureau reporting due to an issue with the original billing address.

Why have you ignored our previous notices?

Send your payment in full today to avoid further collection activity.

This communication is from a debt collector. This is an attempt to collect a debt, and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

If you wish to make a convenient payment online or provide updated information, please go to www.arcpay.biz. Your ARC Account Number is XXXXXX. You will need this to access the website.

Very truly yours,

Account Resolution Corporation

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Pay for deletion help!!

Obviously they want you to pay today...lol  I would do it. You have the e-mail as proof that they agreed to PFD. The letter seems unprofessional but, you got them to agree, that is all that matters. Good job!!! 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 2 of 8
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

Why have you ignored us - too funny.
Message 3 of 8
jbrown773
Contributor

@themizlyne wrote:
Why have you ignored us - too funny.

I found that funny too seeing its an old debt and this was the 1st contact with them. 

Message 4 of 8
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

My only question on this is - they are a collection agency, correct?  It states in their letter the following: "the original provider agrees to delete."  Are they referring to themselves as the original provider or are they talking about the company the purchased the account from?  I'm assuming you have already paid based on the phone call you mentioned, but I would question what they mean by that. 

Just a thought.

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 5 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

IMO that letter seems really shady. They are refering to the OC. The OC has nothing to do with the account The OC won't delete their TL just because you paid the CA. 

DaBears

Message 6 of 8
jbrown773
Contributor

I actually havent paid this yet due to a few other reasons one being that they gave me a 4 o clock dead line that wasnt possible for me to make and they said that the next day would be fine too. And I know that its a medical bill and the OC has no knowlegde of the PFD so should I request a better formated letter from them before I make another offer? Because it seems like they are trying to cover their butts if I do pay and they report as PIF instead of PFD and say that the OC disagreed to the terms. 

Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Is the OC reporting?

I would email them back and ask specifically if the CA account will be deleted.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.