Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

Re: Pay in Full Vs Settle/ Pre Approval Mortgage Conditions

So I figured I would come back with an update, if anyone is interested.  As I expected, they were not willing to "pay for delete" but I wonder if that has to do with the fact that RGS is simply a 3rd party collecting on behalf of the other CA that IS reporting.  Anyway, I had a discussion with a supervisor and was of course anxious taking this step but I paid the account in full, over the phone, and got a receipt via email within the hour stating that the account had a zero balance and has been paid in full.   I was advised that they will advise the reporting CA by July 1 that this has been paid in full and then they have 30-90 days to report as zero balance or paid in full.  I may also write a goodwill letter asking them to delete since I paid it in full with no issues.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Pay in Full Vs Settle/ Pre Approval Mortgage Conditions

improving2013 wrote:

So I figured I would come back with an update, if anyone is interested.  As I expected, they were not willing to "pay for delete" but I wonder if that has to do with the fact that RGS is simply a 3rd party collecting on behalf of the other CA that IS reporting.  Anyway, I had a discussion with a supervisor and was of course anxious taking this step but I paid the account in full, over the phone, and got a receipt via email within the hour stating that the account had a zero balance and has been paid in full.   I was advised that they will advise the reporting CA by July 1 that this has been paid in full and then they have 30-90 days to report as zero balance or paid in full.  I may also write a goodwill letter asking them to delete since I paid it in full with no issues.

I think that is an excellent idea, the GW letter...

Good luck!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 09/14: TU: 784 | EQ: 752 | EX: 784
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession

Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $13900, Citi/Home Depot $8500, Capital One Cash Rewards $3500, BOA $7500 Total Utilization: 3%. AAoA: 2yr, 9mth. INQS: 1 TU, 1 EQ, 3 EX
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.