Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay it or leave it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay it or leave it?

I have a baddie from 2006 that is due to fall off next year however I sent a letter to the ca to remove the acct for a settled amount they stated they can not accept my settled offer but they will delete if I pay the full 400 balance, should I pay this or leave it alone? Would I see any difference to my score since this acct is so old if it is removed?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: Pay it or leave it?

Was this a written agreement from them to delete if you paid the full $400 balance?

And if it was, can you afford to pay that?

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 2 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

What's your score now and positive revolving accounts? If it is your only baddie, then removing would move you off baddie scorecard
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrugalRican wrote:

Was this a written agreement from them to delete if you paid the full $400 balance?

And if it was, can you afford to pay that?

Yes I have a written agreement to delete if paid in full. I can afford it, but I have other collections on there that are more recent that I am trying to work out something

(edited for clarity's sake, only to insert quote of post to which this post is responding. - Scamp, Mod)

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:
What's your score now and positive revolving accounts? If it is your only baddie, then removing would move you off baddie scorecard

I haven't checked my scores since march and it was high 500 - 618 highest. I have 5 others on there for ex and three for EQ

(Edited only to insert quote for clarity's sake. - Scamp)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.