Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay judgements over phone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay judgements over phone?

Hello! My husband has two judgements that he needs to take care of before we can get a mortgage. We're trying to do this on the quicker side, so is there a problem with just calling them and settling them over the phone with a credit card? Or should it be done through the mail/on paper? 

What is the best (and quickest) way to get them paid? Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay judgements over phone?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello! My husband has two judgements that he needs to take care of before we can get a mortgage. We're trying to do this on the quicker side, so is there a problem with just calling them and settling them over the phone with a credit card? Or should it be done through the mail/on paper? 

Contact the attorney that is listed on the judgment to make arrangements to pay it off.. You should be able to see that listed on the court docket information.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Contact the attorney that is listed on the judgment to make arrangements to pay it off.. You should be able to see that listed on the court docket information.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes that is an acceptable method of settling it. Make sure you record any calls you make.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It is going to depend on the attorney....some will take a credit card payment for the judgment - some will want certified funds......Some will want you to pay through the court.  call the opposing attorney and find out.  Note - they DO NOT have to settle for anything less than the full judgment - they already have a court order saying you owe the full amount and can garnish/levy your bank accounts and what not.    They have no reason to settle for less.   You can try - but don't expect it on a judgment.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.