New Visitor
MarshManiac

Pay off a charge off?

Due to a job loss with extended unemployment, a divorce, blah blah my stellar credit record was shot down in flames...

The status for this credit card is showing charged off but has a balance....they sold the debt to a CA and of course they are hounding me and offering a reduced payment.

The ??s from me are -
Do I still owe the balance to the credit card company?
Do I make a deal with the CA? Should I?
Will this stay on my record even if I don't pay the CA?

I am so dang confused...I paid out all my debt except for this one  grrrrrrrrrr
Valued Contributor
slyhouse08

Re: Pay off a charge off?

If you are sure they SOLD the account to the CA...they should be reporting $0 balance...dispute as incorrect balance...the CCC probably wrote the debt off...but you still owe somebody...What is your SOL????...DV the CA...make sure it's the Full Media Validation letter...if they verify...send them a PFD letter....

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}