Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay off closed CC with LOC?

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Pay off closed CC with LOC?

@Anonymous wrote:
A few years ago I had this card maxed out with some late payments and the issuer closed the account. I immediately made a large payment to bring it current and get it under the credit limit. It was never charged off or sent to collections and I've been making monthly payments ever since. I still get a bill showing it as current but with 0 available credit.

Yes, then paying this off will help with your score because it is impacting the utilization on your other available credit on other cards.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps a call to USAA to see if the account can be re-activated? Might help your AAoA...

@Anonymous wrote:
A few years ago I had this card maxed out with some late payments and the issuer closed the account. I immediately made a large payment to bring it current and get it under the credit limit. It was never charged off or sent to collections and I've been making monthly payments ever since. I still get a bill showing it as current but with 0 available credit.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried it. Denied. Welcome to re-apply. I just want it to be paid off. Putting every spare cent at this. Since July it's gone from $5k and change to just $1656 left. I think I will use my LOC. Just to get rid of this debt for good.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.