Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay off debt?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay off debt?

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, but wanted some advice. My Fiance` and I are taking steps into home buying. We have not talked to the bank or anything but we are trying to have our ducks in order before we do so.  The problem here is that my score is lower than my Fiance`. His score is way over 680 and mine is 638. Alot of my debt is medical debt due to unforeseen issues (epilepsy) and an early move out at an apartment from an previous relationship.

Things I have done to improve my credit:

I got a car two years ago that I make payments on time.

Got three secured credit cards that have now been unsecured due to on time payments. I manage to keep the utlization under 10%

Should I request or try a pay for delete? What else should I do to improve my credit?

Thank you for any advice.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay off debt?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, but wanted some advice. My Fiance` and I are taking steps into home buying. We have not talked to the bank or anything but we are trying to have our ducks in order before we do so.  The problem here is that my score is lower than my Fiance`. His score is way over 680 and mine is 638. Alot of my debt is medical debt due to unforeseen issues (epilepsy) and an early move out at an apartment from an previous relationship.

Got three secured credit cards that have now been unsecured due to on time payments. I manage to keep the utlization under 10%

Should I request or try a pay for delete? What else should I do to improve my credit?

Yes, try to PFD any unpaid negatives.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay off debt?

@Anonymous wrote:

For the medical collections google the HIPAA Letter Process follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me. Concerning the other collections Norman has given you good advice try for a pay for delete agreement.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.