Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay off the collection account or let it age off

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Pay off the collection account or let it age off

Some are good (aargon and NCO when verified). Sounds like yours may not be. Just dispute the items as "not mine", and if they are pain in behind like RCI, it will take 30 days to delete (the agency won't respond). You MAY have to get medieval with experian, they insist on the e Oscar system, even when verifying inaccurate data. It took a cfpb complaint, and follow up with supervisor (tell them you will cease cfpb complaint if they delete), as long as they do a REAL investigation allowing a response from the CA.
Signature needs updating
Message 21 of 22
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pay off the collection account or let it age off

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I just thought I would give a update. I was dealing with a credit agency called "Penn Credit Corp". I originally noticed there was a CA In the amount of $180.00 on all 3 CR.  I called a few times asking for a pay to delete. They kindly refused. I explained that I have no knowledge of the account but am seriously willing to pay the small amount in exchange for full deletion. Once again they decline an said if it's not your why pay. Well true, but it such a small amount an I just want it off. Well I ended up contacting the company that the account was originated from an sent them proof that I was over 3000 miles away at the time the account was created. I also sent them a copy of my utility bill, lease agreement, pay stub an a affidavit dating around the time the account was opened. Well they found the account to not belong too me so it's been removed. How long will it take to update to all 3 bureaus?

Congrats on a resolution.   It can take up to 30-45 days to update.  Definitely hold onto any documentation, in case you need to involve the CFPB at a later time.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.