Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay one off or make payments on all?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay one off or make payments on all?

Hi im trying to fix my credit and i have a questions i know credit card balance is 30% of the score

So i have in total 3 credits and im working to paying them off
My questions should i pay 1 off in full or make payments on all 3

They are all at 100% use and this week i have $700 to pay my cards

Here is what i have

One balance at 700

Second balance at 500

Third. balance at 300

My total is $1500 and i have $700 that i can pay now should i pay off the 300 and split the remaining 400 between the other 2 or split the 700 in 3

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay one off or make payments on all?

I'm interested in the advice you get.  My instinct says to split between all three, getting each as close to 50% as you can.  But I'm pretty new at this myself, and may be completely wrong!Smiley Wink  Of course, if you are able to pay the same amount next month, it probably doesn't matter that much as this raising scores game takes more than a month, for sure.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi im trying to fix my credit and i have a questions i know credit card balance is 30% of the score

Here is what i have

One balance at 700

Second balance at 500

Third. balance at 300

My total is $1500 and i have $700 that i can pay now should i pay off the 300 and split the remaining 400 between the other 2 or split the 700 in 3

Thanks

I would spilt them but put 300 dollars to the balance of 700 and 250 dollars to the 500 balance and 150 to the 300 balance...so that makes them reporting under the "maxed" area...that will kill your score so getting them out of that will greatly improve your score. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is what i have

One balance at 700

Second balance at 500

Third. balance at 300

Thanks

I would spilt them but put 300 dollars to the balance of 700 and 250 dollars to the 500 balance and 150 to the 300 balance...so that makes them reporting under the "maxed" area...that will kill your score so getting them out of that will greatly improve your score. 

+1 to this! It's definitely best to get them out of that maxed range.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is what i have

One balance at 700

Second balance at 500

Third. balance at 300

Thanks

Honestly, as long as your end goal is getting them all paid down, it does not matter. Your score will be the same at the end of the road, no matter which path you take. You score in the interim are just not relavant. I mean really - does it honestly make a difference if you scores goes from 580 - 590 - 620, or 580 - 595 - 620?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is what i have

One balance at 700

Second balance at 500

Third. balance at 300

Thanks

I would pay off the $300 balance, and put $200 towards the other 2.  Then the next time you have $700, pay off the second blance, and the remainder for the first balance. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.